Dungeon World Gamma

• 42 Replies
Re: Dungeon World Gamma
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 09:34:58 AM »
or just write up what the changes are here and people can choose to use them or not depending on the preference between releases.

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 09:44:59 AM »
or just write up what the changes are here and people can choose to use them or not depending on the preference between releases.

That's an interesting idea. Is this what you've been using?

I'm just worried that some of these changes are being made so quickly, if they are even getting playtested.

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
kind of. we tend to guess as to what the changes are off of what is said on the forums. (like encumbrance or the latest change to hack and slash). we play usually once a week so we tend to be able to try most of the things. (also after playing as much as we have we can usually look at the changes and make a pretty good guess as to how they are going to impact out game.)

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 08:19:13 AM »
In the last Dungeon World release the enhancements for the fighter base weapon list:
?Frighteningly big. +1 damage, but +1 weight.
?Vicious barbs. +1 damage.
?Huge. +messy, +forceful.

I thing Frighteningly big should be revised or eliminated, it seems redundant with the other two enhancements.

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 09:28:58 AM »
not really. remember signature weapon allows you to choose to upgrades to your weapon. vicious barbs gives you a free +1 but if you want more damage you need to take frighteningly large, which will give you an additional +1 at the cost of +1 weight. it also adds to the color of the weapon, as being massive.

messy and forceful do not add damage at all, but give color to the narrative of beatin heads.

if you are merely talking about the names... sure, kinda redundant.

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »
I did not thought about the combo Frightening+Viciuos. Could be an answer, but it seems a bit odd to me.

I was thinking about comething like
Frighteningly Huge: +messy, +forceful,+1 damage, but +1 weight.

I'll try out in some game...

Simon

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 08:42:02 PM »
Forgive me if I've missed something completely obvious, but every character sheet refers to Simple, Hard, and Complex items, like armour and weapons, but so far as I can tell, the equipment sections don't actually refer to weapons or armour as being Simple or Complex.

I'm trying to organise a group to give this game a go, but I'm stuck on this bit! The word "simple" just doesn't appear in the PDF within the equipment sections.

agony

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 08:30:25 AM »
Forgive me if I've missed something completely obvious, but every character sheet refers to Simple, Hard, and Complex items, like armour and weapons, but so far as I can tell, the equipment sections don't actually refer to weapons or armour as being Simple or Complex.

I'm trying to organise a group to give this game a go, but I'm stuck on this bit! The word "simple" just doesn't appear in the PDF within the equipment sections.

Simon that is a holdover from a previous version.  Those tags are no longer used as far as I can tell. 

Simon

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 08:48:27 AM »
I'm just going by what is in the current version of the hack pdf that I found on Sage's website - every character's gear section seems to mention those tags as their usable gear, but like I said, those terms don't exist beyond the character sheets. I assumed it was a mistake, but I wanted to double-check!

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 04:35:26 PM »
Just wanted to say that I'm starting to get the "feel" for the game and I'm really enjoying it.  I can't wait to buy a beautiful print version so I could sit around and cuddle it while I wished that I had friends.

Hireling Skills
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 04:48:08 PM »
I thought I'd put this here so maybe somebody will see it.

Are 1st-level hirelings meant to be worthless?

Consider the 1st-level Tracker and Warrior.  They're only good at tracking and warrioring 0th-level creatures, which I don't know to exist.

So, maybe it should be "not higher level than" or "equal to or less than" or something.

Also, maybe hirelings should cost more gold.  A 9th level hireling costs a whopping 18 GP per adventure/dangerous situation, which I think probably isn't a problem for most 10th level characters.  Likewise, 2GP (1st level hireling) is (almost) chump change for a 2nd level character, in my experience.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:05:58 PM by Ludanto »

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 01:31:36 PM »
I'm curious when the next version will be released.  I'm dieing to see an updated version of the game!

sage

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »
We have plans, which we will announce soon. Hang in there!

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2011, 06:49:54 PM »
Promises, promises... You've also been coy on your twitter account.  B-)

For reals, looking forward to any news. 

sage

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2011, 06:51:41 PM »
Honestly, the biggest thing holding me up right now is time to talk about it. We have a plan, something's coming, but not what we expected.