What playbook would you use for a character like...

• 4 Replies
What playbook would you use for a character like...
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:19:15 PM »
... Buddy from Six String Samurai?
Granted it's not at all a serious movie (and I haven't seen it in forever, either), but I was thinking about it just now, and trying to imagine how (or if) someone like him would fit into the game.  So to the extent that you could do someone like that, what playbook would be best?  Or would it call for a new one?  A musician seems best served by the Skinner playbook, but that wouldn't make for much of a fighter.

Any thoughts?

Re: What playbook would you use for a character like...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 08:08:41 PM »
Here's a thing about AW: Anyone can be a good fighter. Take the skinner stat line with Cool +1 and Hard +1 and you will kick plenty of ass.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 08:23:45 PM »
Is that the best option for a sword-fighting guitarist, you think, then?
Nothing fits it quite right, but then again, I suppose that's what the option to take moves from other playbooks is for.  You probably only want a new playbook if it's something you think is more or less archetypal.  And musician/warrior probably isn't.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 01:44:23 AM »

Judging by the immense disappointment of his actual guitar playing once the shit hit the fan, I'd have to vote for Battlebabe.

(Actually even without the snark that would be my vote. Dude is supremely cool.)

Orion

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 05:45:08 PM »
Remember that you get 2 moves from other playbooks from Advancement.

Load up a Skinner with Impossible Reflexes and Merciless (or Not to be Fucked With if he hacks through crowds on a regular basis), and you'd be pretty untouchable. 

Or, just roll up a Battlebabe, take the setup with high +Hot, and get the performance move from Skinner if you really need it.