Chopper Move - Fucking Thieves

• 2 Replies
Chopper Move - Fucking Thieves
« on: March 07, 2021, 07:05:28 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to understand how the Fucking Thieves move of the Chopper work and when is it supposed to be used.

Is it supposed to be a kind of "Fingers in Every Pie but only for objects that fit on saddlebags" move? If yes, ignore the rest!

If no, is it more of a "'Hey boss, I can't find my handgun, I bet that new guy Stinky stole it.' -> Chopper uses Fucking Thieves to find out who stole the handgun from his gang member."?

If that's the case, is the idea of the move something like "Whenever you use this move, you always discover who the thief is. It depends on the roll, however, whether the thief still has said item, or it has something close (maybe the item is damaged), or doesn't have it anymore."?

If this is it, it doesn't really help the chopper getting some valuable stuff, it's more of an answer to a potential "Your gang member was robbed by another gang member!" scene, which I find a bit too situational, hence my confusion in how to use it.

Thanks for any help!

Munin

Re: Chopper Move - Fucking Thieves
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 04:13:48 PM »
Yes, it's supposed to be kind of like "fingers in every pie" for stuff that it is reasonable that one of your gang members could have found/liberated/requisitioned/stolen/extorted. It's more limited in scope but also more immediate in its application - if you get a hit you have the thing right now, you don't have to wait for it to show up.

Re: Chopper Move - Fucking Thieves
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 05:16:01 PM »
That clears it for me, thanks for the help Munin!