New AW Campaign Once Per Month

• 3 Replies
New AW Campaign Once Per Month
« on: October 18, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »
Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up a monthly Apocalypse World campaign with some friends.  We are looking to play 3-4 hours once every month due to busy schedules, family, etc.  Does anyone else have any experience with a once per month campaign?  What works and doesn't work?  My big concern is momentum between sessions.  I think I can keep it fun and exciting, but I usually run campaigns with more frequency in play.  Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ebok

Re: New AW Campaign Once Per Month
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:35:32 PM »
Well... Assuming you dont want to open with a one-off game once a month. My only suggestions are the use of very compelling love letters and a very strict no-cliffhanger policy.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 05:32:35 AM »
Make notes. Lots of notes. Possibly even record your sessions if everyone's okay with it.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 12:43:18 PM »
Thank you both for the tips.  I was a little worried that a once a month session might not work for AW, but these tips make me confident that it will work. 

I'm really looking forward to getting the campaign started.  I don't want to start with a one-off, but I'll definitely create some compelling love letters and avoid cliffhanger endings.

I don't know if the group will want to be recorded, but I'll take down some serious notes.  I remember watching a video with Adam Koebel and that was something that he always does.

Thanks again!