Sunken Sydney, a Hatchet City-style scenario.

• 8 Replies

Arvid

Sunken Sydney, a Hatchet City-style scenario.
« on: April 05, 2011, 12:31:35 PM »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kmnpu09d23a264/sunken%20sydney.pdf

Yeah, we kind of stole the name from noofy. It was a project name that stuck, as is tradition. You cool, noofy?

Enjoy!

Re: Sunken Sydney, a Hatchet City-style scenario.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 04:01:28 AM »
I ran this at a nice little one day convention a couple of days ago.
I've ran AW at a few cons and always try to do at least a 2 slot game - purely so the players can come up with the setting and characters, this was the first time I had gone for pre done setrting with fronts and limited character choice.

The slot was a 4 hour one, 4 of the 5 players had played before and 2 of those had MC'd as well. It took just over an hour to go through the character gen, backstory and setting so we had 3 hours to play things through.

I really enjoyed running this to be honest. The players all seemed to have fun, although everybody rapidly ganged up on the Hocus and his character was killed. Rather than let him gen up a new one I decided to let him play the conciousness of the brainworm, which he seemed more than happy with doing!

Everything came to head around the MaistroD's establishment, with Barbarossa's gang, Brainworm Cultists and even some of the submarine dudes all laying seige to the occupants at one time or another.

By the end we had:
Hocus - had his head split open by the MaistroD - attempting brainworm extraction via the medium of a fire axe doesn't work very well.
Chopper - Fully absorbed into the conciousness of the Brainworm, despite his best efforts to fight off it's influence.
Angel - Captured and forcibly indoctrinated into the cult.
Faceless - The only character to escape - very unheroically swam off and left everybody to a massive gang of cultists in the final seige.
MaistroD - went down in a truly awesome Scarface moment - holed up in his office snorting Bliss and shooting at Cultists.

I found the adventure has quite a good set-up, everybody has some reason to be doing something right from the get go, even the Angel has stuff to do, regardless of whether other characters decide to go off and get shot up!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:56:30 PM »
Sounds like a successful convention run to me!

noofy

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »
Oh man that is TOTAL AWESOMENESS! How had I missed this thread?

Although my own Sunken Sydney game petered out due to relationship issues, I'm so glad the concept is still alive and kicking! It is my favourite AW setting so far, by far. Thanks folks, I'm well and truely chuffed! I would totally play in this game (I haven't played in so long). :)

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:24:31 PM »
I'm having trouble downloading it from Dropbox. Am I the only one?

xyas

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:56:06 AM »
Works fine for me.

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 12:24:06 AM »
This link appears to be broken, or disabled. Does anyone have a copy of this pdf they could send to me?
Looking for a playbook? Check out my page!
http://nerdwerds.blogspot.com/2012/12/all-of-playbooks.html

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 01:37:32 AM »

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 08:28:21 AM »
My hero!
Looking for a playbook? Check out my page!
http://nerdwerds.blogspot.com/2012/12/all-of-playbooks.html