Rules Question: Individuals Treated as Small Gangs

• 3 Replies
Rules Question: Individuals Treated as Small Gangs
« on: January 18, 2011, 02:39:45 PM »
If a Gunlugger has NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH, and then is shot at by somebody with, say, a grenade launcher, how would harm shake out? The grenade launcher, with area, would allow the full harm to be dealt to a gang of a larger size, assuming that the larger gang is bunched together, right? So if one guy with a grenade launcher shoots at a Gunlugger with NTBFW, does the grenade launcher deal full harm? Or would it still be -1 harm, because the Gunlugger is a small gang versus an individual and therefore suffers 1 less harm, but is still just one person, so it doesn't make much sense for the grenade launcher to be more affective against him or her?

This also came up because we've got giant critters in our game, and they are treated sometimes as gangs of different sizes. So if a single giant critter, treated as a small gang, is shot by a grenade launcher, does the "area" tag negate the critters gang-size reduced harm effect, or not? It's pretty much the same question as the NTBFW question.

Re: Rules Question: Individuals Treated as Small Gangs
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:52:24 PM »
As long as we're talking about NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH: What weapon tags does a not-fucked-with gunlugger apply to his own attacks?

If I'm that gunlugger (counting as a 3-harm gang small), and I shoot that grenade launcher while in full battle, what do we count that attack as?  I drop my harm from 4-harm to 3-harm, right?

Do I still use all the other weapon tags (close, area, and messy)?  I assume so, but it's not particularly addressed.  Actually, why specify gang harm in the NTBFW move, at all?  Why not just make it dependent on your circumstance, like armor?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:18:00 PM by Michael Loy »

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 09:26:15 AM »
My take is the following: If there's a battle, the gunlugger counts as a gang and I use the gang rules for dishing out harm (both ways). What weapons are used only informs us what harm the gang causes (e.g. is it a 2-harm or 3-harm gang); in themselves the individual weapons are irrelevant.

If there isn't a battle, then NTBFW doesn't apply.

The "area" tag is then only ever mechanically applied (just like other tags, I think) when you as an individual fires grenades into a gang of sorts.

DWeird

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:34:18 PM »