Another noob question: Smite

• 1 Replies
Another noob question: Smite
« on: October 25, 2016, 04:48:44 PM »
Hi again everyone,

So I went through chargen with my group last night, and it was a blast! I was looking over their characters again afterward, and I notice that I had misread the Divine's Smite move slightly. Not only does it give them powerful unarmed attacks, it makes their weapon and fists count as weaknesses for all monsters! That seems... very strong to me, since it means that the group doesn't have to worry about learning monster weaknesses at all. Idk, I'm worried that it might give the Divine a bit too much spotlight compared to the other characters, since he can annihilate monsters without having to worry about them getting back up again. Am I overthinking things?

Re: Another noob question: Smite
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:23:18 PM »
In cases like this, one thing I like to do is give them monsters where just destroying the creature might not be the best option. A classic example is a traditional werewolf, who is just a regular person most of the time.

You can also tap into the divine's mission, and potentially give them extremely powerful enemies (such as demons and devils). Sure, you have their weakness covered, but you still have to kill it.