First Time Making A Threat Map

• 2 Replies
First Time Making A Threat Map
« on: November 05, 2016, 04:59:37 AM »
So my players have come up with PCs, and have detailed some other NPCs and gangs and vehicles in all that in preparation for the first session. Cool. But here's where I'm confused.

When making the threat map, I'm suppose to put them either in the inner circle, the first ring, the second ring, or further out. It seems like even being in the first ring means the threat is quite a distance away. But the threats they've come up with are all people they deal with in the hold. So that means all the threats I've come up with should be in the inner circle, which seems like a lot. Is it possible for threats in the first circle to live in the same hold, mostly so the innermost circle has some room? Or is it working as intended, if all their problems are coming from people they live with?

Re: First Time Making A Threat Map
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 06:59:04 AM »
Personally, I'd only put stuff the PCs actually own in some sense in the first circle, like their gangs, employees, and vehicles. So if one PC is the Hardholder, all the stuff in the Hold would qualify, but if not, most of it would be in the next ring out. And if you have a Hardholder, threats external to the Hold seem like a must-have.

Re: First Time Making A Threat Map
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
You might also really enjoy this earlier thread, by RangerEd:

http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=8686.0

(It's not *strictly* related, but it was a good discussion.)