An Apocalyptic GenCon

• 5 Replies
An Apocalyptic GenCon
« on: July 12, 2012, 12:41:11 PM »
Hey all,

Does anyone know if copies of Apocalypse World will be for sale at GenCon? I'm getting a lot of requests from friends to pick up copies for them while I'm down there, not to mention I want to buy myself a spare. I was hoping that maybe one of the 'indie' distributors might have it but since this is my first GenCon I don't actually know what I'm talking about. :)

Thank you.

Re: An Apocalyptic GenCon
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:59:47 AM »
*bump*

Can anyone help me out here? It looks like I'm being asked to buy about 4 copies of the game but can't do that if it won't be available at GenCon? Lumpley, any idea?

Thank you.

lumpley

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:00:02 PM »
I'm not going to have anybody at GenCon repping my games.

It's possible that there'll be a retailer there who carries them. I don't know.

If you don't find it, I can package four books together and ship them to you after. Let me know.

-Vincent

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 10:07:40 AM »
Thank you very much for the info Lumpley. I appreciate it.

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 05:39:54 PM »
In the afterglow of GenCon, I realize that I did not get to meet Pheylorn.  Sadness.

I hope you (and any other attendees) had as good a time as I did!

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 09:36:56 PM »
Hey Joe,

I also forgot to look up people from the forums. It didn't occur to me at all during the con, I was in a constant daze of excitement, sugar-rush and lack of sleep. :)

As it was my first GenCon I expect oversights like that to happen. Who knows, when I go back in a couple years we may see each other there and shall barf forth apocalyptica together! :D

I hope it went well for you. I for one enjoyed running Apoc World @ Games on Demand as well as Monsterhearts and Fiasco.