A seductive quandary

• 8 Replies
A seductive quandary
« on: September 02, 2016, 06:04:27 AM »
Hey all!

So, I was sitting and doing nothing, and as usually happens when I do nothing, my mind started wandering around the alleys apocalypse world, and a question popped in to my mind.

The situation is this:
Snow and Blake both want to get it on with Joe's Girl, and who can blame them? She's cute, she's funny and her dad controls half the trade in the Valley.
So: they both sit down at her table in Barbarossa's saloon and start hitting on her. Now, Joe's Girl likes the attention of both of them, because they're fucking hot (+2 hot), and she'd be inclined to get down with either of them. For reference, they both have +2 Hx with each other, because they're besties who've seen a lot of shit through together.
Now they're rivals however, and both of their players insist that they were at Joe's Girl's side at the exact same time.

My question is this: how do I handle the mechanics? I could just make a custom move, but that might be hard to do on the fly. And considering the obvious solution, that one seduces and the other interferes, how do I decide who does what? Flip a coin?
Maybe I should let them both roll to manipulate and interfere, and if both get 10+ Joe's Girl is up for a threesome?

What do you guys think?

lumpley

Re: A seductive quandary
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 09:21:57 AM »
Both roll to seduce and manipulate. If either wants to help or interfere with the other, they can do that as well.

Once all those dice are rolled and settled, now Joe's Girl chooses what she's going to do, within the bounds of the moves' outcomes.

-Vincent

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 10:38:26 AM »
In the case of a tie, maybe she asks Snow and Blake to engage in some kind of contest for her favor, if they're that into her. I'd say that counts as "giving them an opportunity, with or without a cost." Moves snowball after all.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »
Cool, thanks!

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 02:46:18 PM »
If they both succeed, then surely she invites them both to bed?

noclue

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 05:13:58 AM »
What does Snow say to Joe Girl?
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 06:48:25 AM »
I dunno!
Probably playful banter with seductive undertones, while Blake is quietly giving Joe's Girl the sultry eyes

noclue

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 11:23:07 AM »
Well, if you asked Snow what he did then he rolls to seduce while Blake rolls her interfere.
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 04:41:14 PM »
And if I asked Blake, then she'd roll to seduce, while Snow interfered? Hmm. That might work for some situations, where the fiction clearly dictates who is doing what, but in this thought-of example I fear that one of the players would feel shafted, because they didn't get to try to seduce first.

I must say, Vx' solution seems both fair, obvious and elegant - I like it!