Awarding treasure

• 1 Replies
Awarding treasure
« on: October 30, 2015, 04:32:51 PM »
As GM, should I be looking to award players treasure at any particular time or at any particular rate, outside of the rules for obtaining treasure from an estate or mercantile enterprise?

lumpley

Re: Awarding treasure
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 08:53:17 AM »
Ack! There's a whole short section on treasure that I guess I never wrote. I'll remember it for the next release.

The answer is: Yes. 0.5 - 3 treasure per session per PC, adjustable to your whim.

"1 treasure" is one share of whatever valuables the PCs get their hands on. So whenever they get their hands on anything valuable, say "1 treasure each" and there it is.

It's your job as GM to have basically everything the PCs get up to be an opportunity for them to find, steal, or otherwise get 1 or 2 treasure each. Exception: when you're like, "you all can pursue this if you want to, but you realize there's zero profit in it, yeah?"

You can give them unequal treasure whenever you want, if you think events warrant it, but it's not your job to put them at odds.

Treasure is fun! It's fun for you and for them. There's no reason to withhold it, so be generous and whimsical with it.

-Vincent