Just Heroes: 2015

• 6 Replies
Just Heroes: 2015
« on: September 29, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »
Should I be calling this Just Heroes Reborn? ;)

Anyway, I've been inspired to write and rewrite a whole bunch more for this superheroic hack, so here's a preview of the style sheets as they stand.

Re: Just Heroes: 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 03:01:01 PM »
More preview material, namely the rules and the origins: I think the styles are more or less done now, except possibly for error corrections.

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 05:40:15 AM »
I've completed the Origins Preview now, so all the Origins have complete beginnings, traits, statuses and specials.

The next big job is to polish up the rules document, putting things in order, adding sections for tools and fronts and extending the agendas & principles to include things like secret identities.

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 07:08:49 AM »
Another small preview, this time of one of the Complete Costumes I'm working  on (though I really would like a better name to describe them): The Elite lets you play super-spy characters such as Black Widow.

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 02:34:19 AM »
Glad to see you revisiting this. I haven't played any version of your game but I had downloaded your prior version and I have a particular interest in the rare superheroic AW hacks. Kudos.

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 03:01:14 AM »
Cheers!

The clean-up and rewrite of the main rules has been a little delayed, as I've spent the last couple of weeks preparing for Indiecon in November and also writing down some ideas for other games which came to mind. I've got a stronger idea of what I want to write now though, with the new premise about the PCs being rival superheroes rather than a team and maintaining secret identities being central to the fiction, so it feels like it should be easier to write this time around.

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 04:59:11 PM »
New Gods for an Old Town is my taster playset for Just Heroes (a superheroic hack of Apocalypse World), having been thoroughly playtested at Concrete Cow & Games Expo, it is now available on DriveThruRPG at the suggested price of £1.00, or whatever you think it is worth. The download incudes:

• New Gods for an Old Town: a brief version of the rules, containing all the Basic & Peripheral moves for Just Heroes, plus leading questions to ask the PCs and tips on weaving a story from their contributions; this is in both print & digital format.
  • Dr. Dusk: A PC playbook for a tortured defender of the street, using stealth as his weapon.
  • Lady Smoke: A PC playbook for an other-dimensional princess searching our world for her lost treasures but still living a life of privilege amongst us.
  • Steel Spring: A PC playbook for an urban warrior whose super-suit gives her greatly enhanced speed & agility.
  • The Snowdrop: A PC playbook for a fun-loving guy cursed with a cold heart, who uses his icy powers to freeze crime in it's tracks.