[untitled] 2.0

• 6 Replies

exit

[untitled] 2.0
« on: November 15, 2014, 01:44:53 PM »
Hi. Been working on this for a while. Would appreciate any comments/feedback/playtests.

Please let me know what you think. Hope you like.

Click

As If

Re: [untitled] 2.0
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 02:25:40 PM »
Really like the tone so far.  And the art is wonderful.

exit

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 10:27:04 AM »
Hey man, thanks a lot for your comments. I was hoping to really capture that cyberpunk essence so I'm glad you like it so far. Let me know if you come across any 'bugs' or things that you'd question from a gameplay (or other) perspective. And yeah, the art is really cool I think. The guy is a friend of mine and you can check out more of his stuff here if you like.

:)

P.S. For some reason I can't respond to your message (the boards just keep getting stuck in a loading loop) but 'exit' would be fine to use. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:43:01 PM by exit »

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 06:58:30 AM »
I really enjoy reading [untitled]. Thank you Exit.
Do you consider multiclassing?

exit

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 10:59:31 AM »
Hey no problem Czevak and thanks for your comments. Was there anything else you found problematic or a point of interest (besides multiclassing that is)? With regards to your question on multiclassing, I am uneasy about prescribing rules to that effect within the document. That doesn't mean that it couldn't happen in the future but I can't think of a way to do it at the moment.

For me, the classes in [untitled] are deliberately discrete so that each user feels a distinct lack (or the opposite) of power. It's because of the failings and strengths of each class that everyone almost has to work together, whether they want to or not. That said, in practice, if someone wanted to be a hacker and a network say, I'd only personally allow that sort of thing to occur via natural character development throughout the sessions. In the [untitled] cyberpunk world, shit is rock hard so perhaps you could sub out a basic stat for another class's stat? That sounds like an interesting trade off to me.

I'll think more on this and perhaps include a more complete answer in the FAQ of the next version.

Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 11:16:43 AM »
I like a lot your system of drawbacks and its explanations in the FAQ.
Character sheets would be nice.

exit

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 12:47:04 PM »
Hey Czevak. Thanks for your comments once again. I am still a little wary of how these drawbacks will work in practice. I personally have faith in the mechanic and that, hopefully, it will bring about some interesting scenarios where conflict and/or co-operation is a bit more organic and character driven than normal but we'll have to see.

You're right, this definitely needs character sheets and it's at the top of my list for the next patch. I'm not very good at Photoshop and all that which is apparently what you need to make these things (I don't have CS either) but I might try it anyway or ask around and see if anyone would be willing to help.

Thanks!