Apocalypse World AP Recording

• 4 Replies
Apocalypse World AP Recording
« on: December 11, 2014, 08:05:29 PM »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eckmj40uj6xncem/Apocalypse%20World%201%20-%20I%27ll%20Need%20a%20Crew.mp3?dl=0

my usual group started up a voice game of AW a few weeks back. one player's out with bronchitis for a while, but recorded the game and had some fun with it, and should be picking it back up again soon.

more info for those curious about the world here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a0GvLLRFMu6cDs9WfLFb6FA_0ePxbKlNmK7-lRBOdNc/edit

Toku - Bright Barb (The Hocus). spokeswoman, moderator, and neutral contact of The Council for the Unmitigated Union of a United Utopia. Does the legwork and necessary psychic communications between the small group of the wealthiest individuals of the wastelands. Hired on to lug a titanic gemstone back for some only slightly shady characters, but she'll need a team!
Crazon - James Gremlin (The Driver). Jovial stunt driver for hire, up for anything dangerous for fun and profit. Best friends include a robot and his pickup Big Betty.
Library Dan/Eli - p-190N806 (The Synthetic). A towering robot with a single red lens for an eye and a badass sword arm. Very no-nonsense and lives by his two remaining orders: protect James and blow up the moon.
Max - Holstein "Glib" Glibglibglibglib etc (The Brainer). Spooky, hunched, muttering brainer obsessed with the minds of others. His psychic powers and "violater glove" make them highly accessible.

As If

Re: Apocalypse World AP Recording
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »
Oh, I gotta listen to this.  Your world is totally cray!

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »
that was really the only way I could bring myself to play it proper. I'm not an especially dark person (humor's my way to go) but the concept was too gritty to go full blown Futurama on it.

so I made even the apocalypse itself a try-hard over the top lump of craziness, starting coming up with things that would come from that (mostly a global population that is hardcore), and then balled it up into a crude thing resembling a setting where the driver can be in a shotgun-toting demolition derby before stopping off at the Snake, Steak and Shake drive-thru ("I will haaaave... cobra. Ahhhh... now THAT'S blinding."

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 03:34:23 AM »
I'm downloading this now and I was wondering if there are more sessions?

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 12:09:20 AM »
unfortunately, it was put on hold, but we did just throw up (barf forth?) an Inverse World/Dungeon World game we got going after some schedule juggling and a few other games we posted elsewhere

I've got plans to go back to it some time, though