The faceless at cons

• 36 Replies

lumpley

The faceless at cons
« on: January 12, 2011, 01:29:19 PM »
Hey so when I go to cons I bring the faceless playbook with me, because that's its deal, it's the special playbook for cons.

If you're going to be playing Apocalypse World at a con, drop me a line and I'll give you the faceless PDF. That way you can bring the faceless to cons with you too!

-Vincent

Re: The faceless at cons
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:39:22 AM »
I took the faceless to Indiecon last year, so did Rich Stokes. It was used in the game that Rich ran and received some attention in my game. I shared a copy with the players in my game because they were awesome and bought some cool narration to the table. Am I right in thinking that this sharing is to be encouraged in the AW community?

Chris

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 08:47:47 PM »
If you're going to be playing Apocalypse World at a con, drop me a line and I'll give you the faceless PDF. That way you can bring the faceless to cons with you too!

-Vincent

Does this work retroactively? :)
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

lumpley

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »
Sure.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 02:01:59 AM »
Faceless got chosen at my con game at Endgame Oakland tonight, we lots of fun. The faceless was a masked circus ringleader almost, dressed to the nines but scary and fierce with his metal cane. Nasty.

Player sketched him during platy, too.

Was great fun running for everyone, love the game, Vincent thank you again!

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 03:17:58 AM »
Vincent-

I will hopefully be traumatizing Smithies at JiffyCon with my Intro 1st session next week if you can shoot me a copy by then!

-JC

Chris

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »
Sure.

Thanks, Baker. The hardcopy I got at GenCon was marked up in a series of random embassy one-shots I ran that weekend and all the erasing in the world didn't clean it up for photocopying. On the other hand, having a smudged up Faceless has seemed apropo.
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 03:13:22 PM »
Thanks, Vincent! Faceless was played in a couple of games last weekend at the Kapcon XX games on demand room.

In the game I ran, Momo the sad faceless - broken from having had to mercy-kill her own child - left a trail of destruction, and then took over the Hocus' cult of strength and blood.

Bret

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »
Yeah Faceless!
Tupacalypse World

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »
I'm totally running this at PoliCon this year, Vincent!

Arvid

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 01:23:44 PM »
I'm running Apocalypse World at swedish convention GothCon this easter. Vx, I sent a mail about this a while ago if it sounds familiar. Could you send me a copy? Cheers.
arvidos@gmail.com

lumpley

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »
Must've missed it somehow, Arvid. You should have the form letter now.

Arvid

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »
I got it, thanks.

All day I've been fantasizing about Momo the masked man-child. Oh yeah. He might make an appearance in tomorrows game.

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »
Y'know, I ran a quickie session at the indie game room last gencon.  And I actually have a paper copy of the Faceless (from the pre-order bundle), but have been loath to let anyone use it - since I don't have a PDF to make a fresh copy after. 

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 02:30:42 PM »
V -

I had a chance to play the Faceless at this year's Dreamation run by Brendon Conway. I got to keep my character sheet, but it then spent the rest of the con in my jacket pocket. I was hoping to get a fresh pdf via the offer above.

I have a pdf of my scanned sheet around here somewhere if we need collaborating evidence.