The faceless at cons

• 36 Replies

lumpley

Re: The faceless at cons
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 07:59:58 PM »
Cool!

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 10:18:27 PM »
Thanks for putting together such a great game! I had tried to run a Firefly game once before, but we got bogged down in the rules of Savage Worlds. Many of the same folks had no trouble picking up AW and running with it.

Especially striking to me was how much easier it was for the player with the Registered Companion (Skinner) to get involved and really contribute to the crew's success. Her and the Shepherd (Hocus) both were vital to completing their job and keeping the Seraphim flying.

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 02:35:25 PM »
Though it was not at a convention, I have been MCing a game where a player choose the faceless playbook and it has been simply amazing. "Oh Yeah" has got to be one of the coolest moves ever. I love role-playing terrified NPCs as the player tears through walls to do some murders.

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 07:45:41 PM »
Now having sent off the notice to the organizers of that con that I'll run Apocalypse World on Rubicon SommerCon, Osnabrück, Germany, end of July, and considering to offer the faceless, could I please get that one sent by email?

My plan is to ask if people want to be (mostly) a crew or the core of a cult, and then offer either Operator* – Brainer – Battle Babe – Skinner – Driver – Savyhead or Hocus – Faceless – Angel – Skinner – Battle Babe – Brainer. Each has two WEIRD-playbooks, because I want the Maelstrom more present than in the first AW games I MC'd, even going so far as to take „Mahlstrom“ as the title of the session. Furthermore I decided to break the rules and create a potential Despair-Front involving a Slaver who lost someone he loved and is looking for a replacement since and a Family who have a secret technique to “dive” the Maelstrom.

*)Although from looking at the playbook which still is in some google cache, I think I'd prefer the Maestro D'. The operator seems in theory a good playbook, but I still don't really get on with it personally. In which case I'd probably replace the Driver by the Gunlugger.

lumpley

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »
You should have a form letter now!

-Vincent

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »
Thank you very much.

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 05:48:58 AM »
Now having sent off the notice to the organizers of that con that I'll run Apocalypse World on Rubicon SommerCon, Osnabrück, Germany, end of July, and considering to offer the faceless, could I please get that one sent by email?

My plan is to ask if people want to be (mostly) a crew or the core of a cult, and then offer either Operator* – Brainer – Battle Babe – Skinner – Driver – Savyhead or Hocus – Faceless – Angel – Skinner – Battle Babe – Brainer. Each has two WEIRD-playbooks, because I want the Maelstrom more present than in the first AW games I MC'd, even going so far as to take „Mahlstrom“ as the title of the session. Furthermore I decided to break the rules and create a potential Despair-Front involving a Slaver who lost someone he loved and is looking for a replacement since and a Family who have a secret technique to “dive” the Maelstrom.
This happened on Saturday. Somehow I threw most of my planning overboard. Having seven players instead of five as I was originally thinking about when I wrote this made me combine those lists. (I have posted the playbook dynamics somewhere else; having the Maestro D' and Facebook playbooks was definitely a helpful addition, thank you very much!) I ended up with only one Weird playbook (Brainer) and the Maelstrom played only a minor role, because I also did not use my prep. With the Brainer opposing the Maestro D' (“Hey, Brainer, so you work independently? Who do you pay protection money to?” – “Nobody!” – “Who wants you to?” – “I guess, the Maestro D'…”) and various people hanging somehow between the two of them, I had enough stuff going on within the party and their next-door neighbours in the North to do a lot of interesting stuff anyway. So even though from the first thing on it did not run as I had previously imagined, in particular the social interactions part was the best I ever had in any of my AW games.