MC rolls in battles?

• 2 Replies
MC rolls in battles?
« on: October 01, 2014, 07:23:13 AM »
Fresh out of the second session of playtesting and had our first battle.

The War Champion led a battle company of ~30 against a basically defended (ditches/fences) community held by a similarly sized company.

She was pretty brutally crushed by the second round -- 3 harm first time around and that was pretty much it -- the next round was a retreat.

So I have two questions after this experience:

A) Does the MC roll during combat for the enemy battle company? I felt so strange rolling dice as the MC.

B) How does the aggressor become the defender in a battle? For instance, if the attacking for is regrouping, can the defending force lead an attack?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

lumpley

Re: MC rolls in battles?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 10:53:08 AM »
A) The MC rolls, yes.

B) If the defending force chooses to rally and make a counterattack, as a defense option, then the attacking force becomes the defender. This is the only way.

If the attacking force decides not to press the attack, but to hold ground or retreat instead, then this battle ends. Everybody should count their fallen, and you should find out what everybody does next. If, at this point, the defenders launch an attack, treat it as a new battle.

-Vincent

Re: MC rolls in battles?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 11:29:16 PM »
Okay, I get it.

So as a defending force, you "Come Under Attack" even if your enemy is regrouping or taking stock of the battlefield.

You can use those opportunities to shift roles and take the initiative to counterattack.