experience question

• 7 Replies
experience question
« on: September 18, 2014, 04:33:33 AM »
I know I should be able to answer this, but I can't.   On the game do you only gain 2 xp per session along with end of season moves?   Am I correct, or am I reading it wrong?  Or is there another way to gain rights I haven't noticed?

Re: experience question
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:21:39 AM »
There's a Peoples move that can bestow a right, potentially permanently.
Looking for a playbook? Check out my page!
http://nerdwerds.blogspot.com/2012/12/all-of-playbooks.html

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »
It seems like a much more slow build of experience then previous AW systems.  I wanted to confirm if that was the intention or if I was missing something.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 11:11:17 AM »
It's a much slower XP progression.  I think that's actually a good thing, since you could power-level AW to get two or more advances per session (Macklin famously earned an advance in the first half hour of play).

End of Session, you get two XP, but you don't pick what you get.
 - MC picks one
 - other players pick the other one.

End of Season is the only time you pick your own XP, and it goes along with a Season Move.

And then, yes, you can gain rights by petitioning elders.  I doubt this is often a permanent arrangement, however.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 12:37:32 PM »
For people who have played, how many games has it taken for someone to gain a new right?

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 01:32:33 PM »
By the math, the earliest you're going to get one from experience is your first session. For that, the MC, the Players and your Season right all have to put XP in the same place.  If one of the three are out of alignment, you'll get one n your second session.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 01:55:08 PM »
How often do you or your MCs call for end-of-season?  That could happen several times during a session, right?

In our first session last Monday, one of the three characters advanced at the end of the first session.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 02:19:54 PM »
Oh, good point. I was implicitly linking season with session.