Created Peoples

• 4 Replies
Created Peoples
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:58:29 PM »
I'm curious to see what other Peoples playtest groups have created so this thread is for posting People Creation details.

I'll start, this is my attempt at making some stereotypically old school D&D druid villagers:
the Munii
Defined by their displacement from their homeland by the Empire of Eagles and scattered to many areas.
They look tall and fair-skinned, with muddy-brown hair that they keep loosely cut or tie back with simple ribbons, and typically wear simple clothes without ornamentation or unnecessary coloring.
Known for one prominent and large family who settled along the river in this region and built a village where their descendants now fish and hunt and only trade with those who prove themselves worthy. They are ever vigilant against monsters, their ruthlessness is matched by their great beauty, their sorcery and enchantments as well as their marvelous feasts are envied.
They speak the Nymenian language and hold the brutal cycle of nature sacred by worshipping spirit animals, especially predatory beasts such as wolves and bears.
Numbers: 50 souls in 6 households with 8 warriors.
+1 Rites
+0 War
+1 Wealth
Notables:
Etzial, 3 in single combat, Aspires to hospitality and loyalty, Conscience allows her brutality, armed with bow & arrow (4 harm at range) and a hide coat (+1 armor)
Ataun, 2 in single combat, Aspires to honor, Conscience allows him brutality and vainglory, armed with axe (3 harm) and a hide coat (+1 armor)
Rast, 1 in single combat, Aspires to courage, Conscience allows him lying and robbery, armed with knife (2 harm) and a leather helmet (+1 armor)
Looking for a playbook? Check out my page!
http://nerdwerds.blogspot.com/2012/12/all-of-playbooks.html

Re: Created Peoples
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 09:59:34 PM »
Quick sidenote:
I've been having a discussion with one of my players on the nature of gods within Dark Age, we were discussing the possibility of having a Gods sheet similar to the Peoples sheet. But since People creation involves the choice "they worship the same god...which others do not" then I thought the Peoples sheet should simply add the question "what do they hold sacred?" as part of the creation process. This is why under language I included "what they hold sacred"
We plan on ignoring history so have no plans for touching on real religions within our group's playtest.

Ich

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 02:41:42 AM »
Here are a couple Peoples that I created to get things rolling in a PbP playtest:

People:  The Lowen
A Native American analog.
This is the local people and majority in Lowa.
They are short and wiry with red~brown skin, straight black hair and brown eyes.
Defined By:  Being native to the Bay of Lowa area, worshiping the same gods, they speak Algonquian, which those around them do not.  They also speak Greek.
Numbers
  Souls:  300
  Housholds:  40
  Warriors:  40
Known For:  Their celebrations, and their fearlessness in the face of death; their ruthlessness and their loyalty; their garish fashions.
Rites: 1
War: 1
Wealth: 0

Notables:
Name:  Rotag Charging~Bear
Harm: 2/4  (hatchet and bow)  Armor:  0
Meeting Death
  I am strong, sure and whole.
  I am hurt and shaken.
  I seek only to survive this.
  I am no more threat to anyone.

+2 In Single Combat
I aspire to: Courage, hospitality, loyalty and patience.
My conscience allows me: Brutality, lying and murder.

Name:  Chepi Smoke~in~the~Wind
Harm:  2/4 (hatchet and bow)   Armor:  0
Meeting Death
  I am hurt and shaken.

+2 In Single Combat
I aspire to: Courage, hospitality, loyalty, piety.
My conscience allows me: Brutality, compliance and murder.

People:  The Aristadites
A very vague classical Greek analog.
This is the ruling class of Lowa, the nobility abandoned by the Empire of Eagles.  They have been hit hard financially since The Fall, but retain a strong sense of racial and cultural identity.
They are stocky, with olive skin, hazel or green eyes and curly, black hair.
Defined By:  Their displacement by the Empire of Eagles. They worship the same gods, speak Greek, and are all descended from the god-king Aristos.
Numbers  (A Clan, though, they call it A House)
  Souls:  30
  Housholds:  6
  Warriors:  8
Known For:  Their elaborate cosmology, the might of their gods and their veneration of priests and priestesses; their individual skill at arms; their great beauty.
Rites:  2
War:  0
Wealth: -1

Notables:
Name:  Pamphilos Aristadites
Harm:  3(4)   Armor:  3 (Sword, spear, helm, armor, shield)
Meeting Death
  I am hurt and shaken.

+2 In Single Combat
I aspire to: Courage, honor and loyalty.
My conscience allows me: Vainglory.

Name:  Octavia Aristadites
Meeting Death
  I am hurt and shaken.

+2 In Single Combat
I aspire to: Courage, patience, piety.
My conscience allows me: Compliance and vainglory.

People:  The Woaden
A vaguely Nordic analog.
This is the people that [st]Eirikr[/st] Gautstaf, my Troll Killer, is from.  Their home if far to the North, but there are a small group of them in Lowa.
They are tall and stocky, bone pale to peach pink in complexion with light~brown, blonde or red hair, and blue eyes.
Defined By:  They worship the same gods; all hail from the North; speak the same language, Nordic, which no one else speaks.  The Woaden people in Lowa also speak Greek.
Numbers in  Crystalkeep (up north)
  Souls:  300  (A village)
  Housholds:  40
  Warriors:  40
Numbers in Lowa  (An enclave) (They are spies for Crystalkeep and will become enemies when the Woaden become raiders by sea.)
  Souls:  20
  Housholds:  4
  Warriors:  5
Known For:  Their sorcery and enchantments, fearlessness in the face of death and vigilance against monsters;  their individual skill at arms;  their superb metalwork.
Rites: 1
War:  1
Wealth:  0

Notable
Name:  Odd
Meeting Death
  I am hurt and shaken.

+3 In Single Combat
I aspire to: Courage, hospitality, loyalty.
My conscience allows me: Lying, murder and robbery.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:49:14 AM by Ich »

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 03:54:23 AM »
Those are cool Ich! I'll definitely use the Lowen in my game. What sorts of gods do they worship?

Ich

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 05:35:16 AM »
We're just getting started.  I expect the MC will ask the Lowen characters that question very soon!