PbP Playtest

• 14 Replies

Ich

PbP Playtest
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »
Vincent, I hope this is okay to do this here!

This is a call out to any players interested in playtesting AWDA via PbP.

I have a site where we can play, or I can join you at your site.  I know some other players (maybe 2) that have time to dedicate to it, too.  Nobody's jumped forward to MC yet, but I'm sure if we get enough people together, we can figure that out.

Re: PbP Playtest
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
I'm somewhat interested. Do you use roll20?

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:51:42 PM »
If it's something I can access then I would love to give this a shot in a PbP.  Let me know where it might be located and I'll see if it passes the restrictions!

Ich

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 07:34:21 PM »
Borogove: PbP means Play by Post, aka Play by Forum.  It's not for everyone as it is slow going and requires daily attention.  Well, in theory/best case that's true.  In practice, it's nearly every day.  It's good for people like me who live in far flung time zones.

I look at table top/chat/Roll20 type games as feasting on your hobby every week or 2.  While PbP is snacking on it daily.

Kdtompos and any others interested: The site is called GotEXP and is owned by Misha Polonski whom you may or may not know from G+.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:31:44 PM »
Well, I'm willing to try snacking. I've gone ahead and registered at GotExp.

E_FD

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »
If it's permitted, I'd definitely be interested in joining a PBP playtest.

Will register on GotEXP, though I also do a fair bit of PBP gaming on rPol.net already, in case that site's interface works better for anyone.

Ich

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 11:58:54 PM »
It is not only permitted, but actively encouraged!

E_FD

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 04:05:57 AM »
I meant permitted within the scope of the AW:DA playtest, actually. I don't want to assume running a game of it on a public online forum is okay without confirmation.

But if it is, count me in! (As a player or as MC, if you're still looking for one.)

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 04:40:15 AM »
I'd like to join if there's still room for one more player (I'm not confident enough to be the MC yet, it's been long since my last time and I have little to no actual experience in PbtA games). The only thing is that I won't be able to start anything for real until next week, but I hope that's all right.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:23:02 AM by Vondas »

Ich

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 11:07:38 AM »
E_FD, Vincent hasn't pulled the plug, yet, so we should be alright.  Also, GotEXP is pretty small.

Vondas, the wonderful thing about forums is if you need more, you just make more.  We've gotten such a great response, we're breaking it into 2 games; we'll make it 3 if we have to.  So, by all means, join in!

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 05:03:47 PM »
I'm potentially interested! I have an RPOL account, so if we end up with too many playtesters for one game we could split into GotEXP and RPOL groups. :-)

I don't think I have the bandwidth for MCing, and may not be able to commit to always being available, but PBP is usually pretty tolerant of that, particularly if the MC follows a "if you don't respond in 48 hours and you're holding us up, I'm just going to assert what I think your PC would do" rule.

PBP is sort of perfect for playtesting in some ways because if Vincent & Meg have questions about what happened we can point them to the actual actual play, right? :-)

DannyK

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 05:18:50 PM »
I do all my gaming via PbP, mostly on RPG.net, and would be willing to MC if one is needed.  I'll drop a note to Lumpley to see if he minds. I've run AW previously online and it was cool!

Ich

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 10:39:41 PM »
I do all my gaming via PbP, mostly on RPG.net, and would be willing to MC if one is needed.  I'll drop a note to Lumpley to see if he minds. I've run AW previously online and it was cool!

We've got players organized and excited on GotEXP right now and we need MCs!  If you come, we're ready to go.

plausiblefabulist, I hope you'll join us there, too!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:45:44 PM by Ich »

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »

We've got players organized and excited on GotEXP right now and we need MCs!  If you come, we're ready to go.

plausiblefabulist, I hope you'll join us there, too!

Think you put the wrong link in there
There is some things after life. It's called death.
-Ringo

Ich

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out!  I certainly did! 

Interested parties and individuals, please go to the real GotEXP!