Articles Expanding On MC Style

• 3 Replies
Articles Expanding On MC Style
« on: June 27, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »
(I did a search for this on the board, and couldn't find anything. Apologies if this is well-trod ground.)

I'm looking for links to articles that expand upon MC GM'ing. How to's, what is's, and so forth.

I'd really like to get some more information, so any help you could offer would be welcome.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
"Ulysses" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Daddy Warpig's House of Geekery, my geek blog:
daddywarpig.wordpress.com

Storm Knights, my Torg webpage:
stormknights.arcanearcade.com

Munin

Re: Articles Expanding On MC Style
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:02:40 AM »
It's mostly just some notes on things to keep in mind when MCing, but a couple of months ago I jotted down some stuff on running games with a Scene-Centric MC Style.  Does that fit what you're seeking?  Did you find it interesting or helpful?

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:53:03 PM »
It's mostly just some notes on things to keep in mind when MCing, but a couple of months ago I jotted down some stuff on running games with a Scene-Centric MC Style.  Does that fit what you're seeking?  Did you find it interesting or helpful?

I think you gave a lot of great advice in that post, advice that is widely applicable even to other GM'ing styles. Thanks for that. :)

I'm still looking for some more information on MC-ing a game. Not just how to's, but how it differs from legacy GM'ing techniques and the like in both intent and application. Maybe a history of how it developed?

Any takers?
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
"Ulysses" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Daddy Warpig's House of Geekery, my geek blog:
daddywarpig.wordpress.com

Storm Knights, my Torg webpage:
stormknights.arcanearcade.com

noclue

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 04:15:49 AM »
Well, when it comes to GMing Apocalypse World, you can do worse than reading up on your Harper:

Apocalypse World GMing
Guide to Hard Moves
AW Crossing the Line
First Session Blues

Vincent talks a bit about designing AW in his interview on the Walking Eye Podcast
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:21:05 AM by noclue »
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER