Character Sheets, Ship Sheets, Universe Sheets

• 16 Replies
Character Sheets, Ship Sheets, Universe Sheets
« on: April 23, 2014, 07:13:17 PM »
For tracking all your awesome stats and stuff. If you're feeling creative and want to make your own UW sheets, or would like to show examples of your favorite character sheets from other games, post 'em here!

Re: Character Sheets, Ship Sheets, Universe Sheets
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:19:22 PM »
As for me, this was my first attempt at a sheet. Ended up being a bit too crowded because I tried to fit everything on one page. I'll be reworking it to fit it on two pages soon(ish).

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 07:40:58 PM »
Looks good and matches the theme.

Needless to say an interactive sheet would be AWESOME

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 11:25:14 AM »
This looks awesome. I'm definitely waiting for this before starting my first scifi campaign ever.
Our blog about gaming - Guild Redemund's Blog - Blog for Gaming in various forms (and stuff)

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »
Thanks! :)

Sadly, work on the two-pager character sheet is a bit on the back-burner compared to other Uncharted Worlds stuff.

That said, Petrucus, if I can swing it, I'd love to put together an actual character generator program. Failing that, an interactive pdf, but I'd really like to be able to pull off a full character gen (I'm thinking back to that old character generator we got with 4e D&D, I spent so much time with that thing).

Doc Cthulhu, when you say 'start your first sci-fi campaign' you mean as GM yes?

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 02:33:06 AM »
Yes. Though my experience as a player is a bit limited also as it has been over a decade since I was a player in a scifi game.
Our blog about gaming - Guild Redemund's Blog - Blog for Gaming in various forms (and stuff)

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 06:38:10 AM »
Would you care to post some empty versions of whatever sheets you are using, in the form they are now? Would be super.

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 01:26:47 PM »
Will do, as soon as I get home!

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 01:52:40 PM »
Lovely!

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 05:06:22 PM »
Uploaded the latest ones here.

Uncharted Worlds Character Sheet Side A
Uncharted Worlds Character Sheet Side B.

Still in early stages of progress, so any feedback about the layout and such would be cool.

(Smaller images)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:11:37 PM by Archangel3d »

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 09:39:01 PM »
I'm re-designing the character sheet from the ground up, so a few questions (just an informal opinion sounding):
- The career moves/skills are pretty verbose, especially the ones that add options to Standard Moves. Should the character sheet have space to write out the whole skill, or just the name and a short blurb?
- Not every character will have Crew or Vehicles. Should they be considered part of a larger 'equipment' section, or should Weapons, Gear, Vehicles and Crew each have their own sections?
- Should I try to constrain everything to a single page, or spread it out over two?

Also if a brave, skilled soul wants to try their hand at making a character sheet (Lord knows it's not my forté), I'd be super interested to see what folks can come up with.

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 12:13:52 AM »
I've made a new attempt at a character sheet. Large version here. Thoughts/comments?

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 07:57:12 AM »
That looks slick!

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 12:20:38 AM »
Any chance of getting a .png or design file for the older one?

I would like to update it.

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 11:43:48 PM »
Hey WhittKnight, thanks for the interest. Sadly, For the mock-ups of the sheets I used Photoshop, and didn't even do it in vector or anything, so editing it will likely be a problem. As you can tell, doing page layout design stuff is not my forté. I don't even know what program to use that would generate a 'design file' (any suggestions of a good program for future attempts on my part?).

I can rummage through my old stuff to find the .psd if you think it would be of use. Which one would you want, the first (one page) or the later two-page version?