An idea for a move for a priest.

• 2 Replies
An idea for a move for a priest.
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:26:34 PM »
If there's a priest playbook, from a religion with the social right of inviolability for priests, (maybe Bloodless Xristos?) they could have a move like: "Inviolable When you Claim your Right to not be harmed, roll+weird, instead of +hard.".

In AW I've wanted a move to handle the situation, where there's someone who faces down a swordsman with a look and an empty hand. There's a scene in Tezuka's Buddha like that, where Siddartha throws away his sword at the beginning of a duel, and a similar scene in 20th Century Boys, where the hero, a rock-and-roll guru returned to post-apocalyptic Japan, tells an oppressed rebel "You can't be shot while you're singing", giving him the courage to stand up to his oppressors. It's only afterwards that the rock-and-roll guru explains that he didn't mean it as literal magic, and the rebel could certainly have been shot. The Solace almost has a move for that, but I think Claim your Right might handle it better.

Just an idea.

Re: An idea for a move for a priest.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 03:25:11 PM »
I dig this. It could also be used to represent the monks of Kingsbridge standing up to the Earl's men in Pillars of the Earth (as seen here: http://youtu.be/-rM2YkXabmY).

Re: An idea for a move for a priest.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 03:55:52 PM »
Watched the thing. Yeah, that's exactly the kind of scene I'm thinking of.