Making Additional Characters and Politics

• 3 Replies
Making Additional Characters and Politics
« on: March 03, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »
When you mark the XP thing to create an additional character, do you think that would impede on the political aspect of the game? I haven't watched Game of Thrones or any of the source material, to be honest, so maybe I'm just not seeing it, but it would seem to me that having an additional major player in the game would give you a bonus over the other players, as far as politics goes. Ugh, this sounds too vague. Do you see what I'm asking, Vincent, or do I need to rephrase?

lumpley

Re: Making Additional Characters and Politics
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:16:56 PM »
I think it'll change the political landscape dramatically, yes. I don't think it'll necessarily be a problem.

I should probably write more about that option for this game than I did for Apocalypse World, though. Including some rules, probably. Thanks for mentioning it.

-Vincent

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »
I recently played in an Apocalypse World game with an MC+two players. About halfway through the series, we both made new PCs. They ended up being on more or less opposite sides from the original PCs. The game ended up with a giant showdown between my "good" PC and my fellow player's "evil" PC, and between my fellow player's "crazy vengeful" PC and my "evil" PC. It was great. So I guess what I'm saying is that your new PC doesn't have to support your old PC.

My AW groups have had a rule that when you make a second PC they can't interact directly with your first PC, or have Hx or other explicit relationships with your first PC. I'm not sure if we got that from the text, or made it up ourselves. It seems like that could make it work in this game?

lumpley

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 01:15:58 PM »
<b>Adams:</b> That's exactly the rule I'd start with, yes.

-Vincent