[Question] Pray and Your parent's blood

• 3 Replies
[Question] Pray and Your parent's blood
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:34:34 AM »
Hi,

1) The Pray move depends on the Weird stat. What you hope for and what I offer does not affect its difficulty? I hope to get the King and I offer you this sheep? Will you give MCs advice how to work with prayers? Is the offering something real like sheep, cow, human or can it be some concept like "Peace on Earth"?

2) I can pray to my parents instead of any of the three suggested god-types. My parents auto-reveil what to do to fullfil my hope? So I just need information on the offerings?

Max

lumpley

Re: [Question] Pray and Your parent's blood
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »
I think you may be over-reading the help the gods offer you.

The MC, through the gods or spirits, tells you "what you might do to bring it to pass." Another way to read that is, the MC tells you what you'll have to do to bring it to pass.

"I want to become king." "Well, to bring that to pass, you might raise an army and march on the existing king. We the gods understand that the king has an army of 10,000, so you'll need at least that many soldiers of your own. There'll be legal difficulties after you win, supposing that you win at all, but set those aside for now. To start, yes, you'll want 10,000 soldiers. Do you have a plan to get them?"

-Vincent

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »
Is there an option that offering is to low? Or: if it's to low the move doesn't kick in?

lumpley

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 12:18:22 PM »
So given the above, the purpose of the offering is just to get the gods' attention.

On 10+, they will accept your offering (no matter what it is!) and give you their attention.

On 7-9, they'll judge your offering and decide whether to accept it or not.

On a miss, they won't accept it (no matter what it is).

So on 7-9, that's when it matters whether your offering is too low.

-Vincent