Small thoughts and questions.

• 2 Replies
Small thoughts and questions.
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:30:07 PM »
"... but be prepared for the MC to do worse."

This is a little thing, but the lack of it is probably one reason I made much softer moves in my initial AW experience.

"Neither of you must commit before the other, ..."

Seems like simultaneous choice would be better here (perhaps by show of fingers for the option, where #1 is first, etc.) -- if only to keep things moving quickly.

"Take Your Bearings"

It's the Bourne Identity move, I love it.

"Pray"

I assume this includes battle cries and curses?

"Fates"

AW's harm clock crossed with The Sundered Land's responses.  Awesome.  The interaction with other moves through key phrases is ingenious, as well.

"Your holdings give you a population."

The word "population" seems so abstract for this concept, but I can't find anything else that fits ("vassal", perhaps, but that's not wide enough; dependents?).

"The Empire of Eagles fell, ..."

The background is a beautiful clash of cultures.

"Clothe it in storms, earthquakes, floods, wild fires, poisoned fields, rotten woods."

What's the inspiration for this?  It's extremely evocative, and gives me interesting ideas for "vast and patient" hunger.

lumpley

Re: Small thoughts and questions.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
Thanks Blinks.

The process that goes with "neither of you must commit before the other" is quick and easy to do, but will need some explanation and examples, yes.

The inspiration for the dragon text is a dragon from the Ars Magica freeform game I played with Meguey Baker and Emily Care Boss all those years ago. I don't remember whose idea it was that a dragon distort its environment, but it's stuck with me.

Oh, no, I remember the inspiration after all! It was Dracula.

-Vincent

Re: Small thoughts and questions.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:49:35 PM »
Simultaneous Commit: I just know I have some PvP players that would want to pull an "optimal" move in such a situation, and while it falls on the GM to deal with such things, I'd like to have a quick-and-dirty default.

Why the change from hold N to mark N?