Pirate World Kickstarter! Nov 1st - Dec 3rd

• 5 Replies
Pirate World Kickstarter! Nov 1st - Dec 3rd
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:29:09 PM »
I've written a Dungeon World supplement all about pirates, ships and sea monsters!

The Kickstarter will go from November the 1st - December 3rd, 2013, and it gives people the chance to grab the 150+ page full colour book as a PDF (£9, approx $15) or as a hardcover book (£33, approx $50 including postage in US). All backer levels give instant access to the playbooks. I'm so excited! It has:

7+ playbooks
BACKGROUNDS (20+); a new, simple way of customising your character from level 1 onwards
HIRELINGS: a total overhaul to DW's hireling system, making each hireling unique with their own personality and custom moves
LUNCHEON WORLD: a guide to playing DW adventures in 30 or so minutes, plus a guide to streamlining DW to play online
MECHANICS: Simple rules for stealing/ commandeering a ship and sailing it around, raiding/ blowing things up/ sinking it
BEAUTIFUL ILLUSTRATIONS from two awesome artists
AN AWESOME SETTING: a vast, unexplored ocean filled to the brim with unique (playable) races (festering amphibians, terrifying arachs) and crazy takes on traditional races (e.g. a Soviet-style dwarf race who sail in giant ironclads, or an industrial empire fuelled by demonic sacrifices)

I can't wait! I'll be running Pirate World games on the google+ group as of next week after the kickstarter begins!

Re: Pirate World Kickstarter! Nov 1st - Dec 3rd
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:31:31 PM »
It is both live and totally funded, which happened in an amazingly short time! Join the party:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2041872302/pirate-world-the-explosive-dungeon-world-fate-sour

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »
We reached £3000 in a week! We are powering through the stretch goals:

£3000 Goal: Location Guide
The Pirate World location guide will be in all copies! It includes a ton of location types, each with suggested traps, creatures, inhabitants, treasure and focused Fronts.

Here are some examples of location types: mysterious islands, underwater cities, volcanoes, leviathan corpses used as ships, the black galleons of Enoch's empire. I can't wait to show you guys!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:28:48 AM by Captain Shoggoth »

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 11:06:20 AM »
Five days left! Currently at 400%, over £5000!

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 04:49:55 PM »
When I first read about this book, I confess I thought "What can you do with such a supplement?!? The Pirate, the Corsair, the Buccaneer, the Ship's Boy... Ok, so what? Everything's better with pirates, but, Enough!"
Then I checked out the Reefmonger, and noticed the tentacles behind the guy on the cover...
Now that I fully understand the truth about the name "Captain Shoggoth", I can say I'm happy to be a backer!
Happy as a cultist kneeling under a grotesque statue of an interstellar abomination. Yarr, Yarr, Cthulhu ftaghn!!

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 12:14:27 PM »
Haha, yeah, the terrifying sea monsters that want to eat your mind are one of my favourite bit about the setting, and writing a class that summons them was so much fun!

There's just one day left to back the project, currently at 500% funded!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2041872302/pirate-world-the-explosive-dungeon-world-fate-sour