Playbook focus season 2, and what about the Skinner?

• 18 Replies

zefir

Re: Playbook focus season 2, and what about the Skinner?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »
Sounds like really interesting approach to the skin.
If you have town and want to take care of the people who lived through, it sounds like hardholder is more appropriate for this. Will you be leaving the town, or trying to rebuild?

Munin

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »
Or you could swap to the Maestro D' playbook and set up your own cathouse.  With a similar focus on Hot, you won't be too much a fish out of water.

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 06:09:20 PM »
I talked to the MC about Maestro D' but the entire town got razed, gun fights ensued, we even turned the gun store into a giant shrapnel bomb/trap to take out a large mob of the possessed. A Hardholder 's nothing with an empty hold.

Grinn wants to take care of survivors because he feels responsible enough and it killed him to slaughter the insane townsfolk who he drank and broke bread with earlier. He couldn't help everyone so he's narrowing the spectrum of who he's willing to care and look after. The playboy has been hardened by this upset.

The Chopper makes an interesting but fitting twist- they have nothing but each other now and they'll take up arms to protect that. The town is finished and they'll cut their losses and move forward to an uncertain future.

I do like the travelling gun slinging bordello a la Maestro D'. Though I think that might be Grinn's successor when I retire him to safety (or NPC status), after he gets the ladies and the former sheriff on their feet after these traumatic events. The campaign seems like it could easily last that long.

I really appreciate the feedback. I'd never played a skinner myself until I read this post and wanted to contribute. It's been a gratifying storytelling experience so far.

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 05:36:30 AM »
I am disappointed that the Skinner is missing from this series.
Looking for a playbook? Check out my page!
http://nerdwerds.blogspot.com/2012/12/all-of-playbooks.html