Limits of the Skinner's Lost

• 2 Replies
Limits of the Skinner's Lost
« on: June 05, 2014, 12:29:17 PM »
In the game I mentioned in another thread, where Hare got chucked down a large scale medical waste incinerator to await his doom, Zed the angel took Lost from the skinner playbook, and the player said guiltily "... but I assume I can't just call up Hare, or people out of prison, or...?"

Was I right when I said the player was wrong, and bailing someone out of prison-like situations is just fine? It says they come to you, not they come to you if they're unhindered. It also doesn't say they come happy, healthy, when it's convenient for you, or alone and not backed by their gang.

It doesn't even say they need to be alive when you call.

Right?

As If

Re: Limits of the Skinner's Lost
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
>> Was I right when I said the player was wrong, and bailing someone out of prison-like situations is just fine?

I think you're totally right, unless it really is a 100% irreversible unescapable frozen in titanium and sent to another universe kinda situation.  This is movie logic, y'all.

>> It doesn't even say they need to be alive when you call.

HOLY SHIT!  I don't know how the Maelstrom works in your world, but this sentence made me shout DO IT DO IT!!! :-D

lumpley

Re: Limits of the Skinner's Lost
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 02:22:27 PM »
Right!

If a player decides to use lost to call someone who's dead, how happy are you? All the happy.

-Vincent