Two Q's: Clumsy armor / Bard singing

• 4 Replies
Two Q's: Clumsy armor / Bard singing
« on: June 06, 2013, 01:44:54 AM »
First question: Did the authors intend for "-1 ongoing" for clumsy armor to apply to  all rolls, or just rolls for physical activity? 

Second question: Do your Bard players role play the bardic songs?  If so, is it fun?  I'm prepping for our first game, and I'm thinking I'll ask the Bard to attempt to sing or at least describe what he's singing about, even if it's ridiculous. 

Re: Two Q's: Clumsy armor / Bard singing
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 05:23:46 AM »
1) -1 ongoing should be applied to all rolls. However, since the game is based on "fiction first", if it doesn't make sense to you and your group, do whatever would fit your tastes!

2) it's not up to the gm to decide how the class moves work. You should ask the bard. When he first uses arcane art, you ask him: how does it work? Do you actually sing a song or what?
Oh, the things we tell ourselves to feel better about the long, dark nights.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 02:22:52 PM »
I'm grateful for your reply.  It will take time to break out of my old GMing style. 

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »
We make the bard tell a groan worthy joke every time he tries to heal. Laughter is the best medicine. Not allowed to retell jokes. It's hilarious and awesome.

Icel

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 01:09:54 AM »
I usually play my Bard as more of a storyteller, so even when he's healing he is rumbling on something.