['Actual Play' Forum game] Dungeon World Does Skullkickers

• 1 Replies

noofy

['Actual Play' Forum game] Dungeon World Does Skullkickers
« on: August 16, 2013, 07:26:41 AM »
Two hard-headed mercenaries kill monsters and cause havoc in their search for money, fame and adventure.

So here's the idea - Skullkickers was made for DW, especially since Edwin does the line art. So what I propose is that we all contribute to using rules to mechanically (and narratively) describe the strip in DW nomenclature. Fiction first always :)
Of course this will lead to individual interpretation of what moves / GM moves / Bonds / Tags / Conditions apply when, as the story unfolds, but I thought it would be a great way for new and veteran players to analyse the fiction and draw out the way in which the AW engine can cope with such wonderful comic-book story telling.

In fact, each page is almost a move (sometimes two or three), all snowballing into each other. So I thought I'd start and leave the next page open for someone else to have a crack at how they see the strip in 'game' terms.

I'm assuming we have a Dwarven Barbarian and a Human Fighter; Baldy (who's signature weapon just happens to be a golden revolver). Our Heros have started the game in a tense situation - namely at the lair of a leech like monster who has been terrorising the local village.

Baldy attempts to spout lore about the leech like monster and fails miserably. The GM makes their move of revealing an unwelcome truth - that the monster is just about to burst from the hole....

noofy

Re: ['Actual Play' Forum game] Dungeon World Does Skullkickers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »
So baldy manages to defend, gaining one hold and drawing the leech's attack. Whilst Shorty manages a near hit with his axe hack and slash, causing some damage to the beast, but when offered the hard bargain - of only retaining his embedded axe if he holds on and is dragged into the air - he accepts with glee, and is promptly swung up above the melee.