The Sprawl: Beta version

• 40 Replies

Kuzco

Re: The Sprawl: Beta version
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 01:08:39 AM »
Here you go chummer.
http://www.story-games.com/forums/discussion/19273/a-descriptive-damage-hack-for-dungeon-worldworld-of-dungeons/p1

Really really looking forward to a 0.3 version. But it's already awesome as it is. BTW sent you an email.

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 01:24:34 AM »
As I noted in the other thread, I've started integrating external feedback into the game for version 3.0.  This is a follow up message to note that I've incorporated the various omissions, found mistakes, and suggestions that you guys have brought up. In particular Grunto's various weapon tag issues, and Gwathdring's basic move suggestions (especially that very considered discussion of the Check it Out questions). Thanks again!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:32:03 AM by Anarchangel »

Kuzco

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »
I've seen that, regarding starting cyberware, you cannot choose the +cheap tag. Is this intentional?

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 06:04:48 PM »
Yeah, I removed the +cheap tag. It didn't seem very interesting, it just made your badass professional less badass, which runs against my vision of the game. Much better to have glitchy cyberware or some sort.

Kuzco

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 12:11:18 AM »
Thanks for answering. In prep for my first game of The Sprawl I've created a nice cheat sheet for the various types of info the MC might need.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/js8dsmxz6eab2vw/sprawl%20table.pdf

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 08:46:40 AM »
While the URL you provide is fine, the link it connects to is flawed - it leads to "link" instead of "https://www.dropbox.com/s/js8dsmxz6eab2vw/sprawl%20table.pdf".

Kuzco

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »
Lol thanks, don't tell my players.

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 01:30:04 AM »
Nice! I've starting making notes on what info I want on a "official" MC sheet. I don't see any obvious omissions from that one!

Kuzco

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »
I'm glad you like it, tried to list everything I'd require for a sheet. Had some space left below, so I added the principles for a reminder.

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2014, 04:15:14 AM »
Some sessions down playing the sprawl gave rise to an interesting problem.

See the creds seem to me to represent a non-linear metric of monetary and intagible assets. On the other side there is nothing that states that if I give you 1 cred 10 times doesnt sum up to 10 creds.

Now I know this is on the lame side of issues raised but it has been the only one we havent been able to work around.

I would also love to see some matrix examples. ATM I m using a snowcrashish representation of the matrix that works "ok" but I get  a feeling the matrix in the sprawl is meant to be played with less emphasis on the matrix as a parallel digital world and more like a medium to hack things.

best of luck with 0.3!

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2014, 02:09:18 PM »
Yeah, Cred is kinda non-linear like that, but its a convenient abstraction. Just add it up in a linear fashion. Is there some particular problem you're striking?

I am currently working on the Matrix chapter. Once again, the moves are quite abstract, but you can treat the Matrix however you like. When I run the game I treat it as parallel virtual world (and I just wrote an introduction to that effect over the weekend.)