The Crests - Water, Surf, Bro's and Blood

• 2 Replies

Judd

The Crests - Water, Surf, Bro's and Blood
« on: July 15, 2013, 01:27:47 AM »
This apocalypse is a mess. Super-heroes caused an apocalypse and the players are living in a surf commune on top of the ocean-flooded Rockie Mountains.The hardhold makes its surplus by desalianating water, making it drink-able.

Norrin Radd - Hardholder - he goes back and forth between being an affable, joking surfer-bra to being a frightening killer with an AK who will kill you while smiling and assuring everyone it was the right thing. Jay has him take stands at times that surprise me. Most folks just call him Radd.

Burdock - Savvyhead - known around the hold as the good cop, or the reasonable one. He's the one you go to if you've fucked up and want to soften things up before going to Radd. Yeah, he's an odd one but he's a nice guy and more often than not makes sense.

Trey - Gunlugger - she's the monster under the bed and the hammer Radd uses to bang on any nails who need banging. She's also an ogre of a lady who has a thing for Burdock and he doesn't seem to have much of a clue.

Two games in and we've got a shitty map of the local islands and mention of the Dark-side up north. Jason is the one who drops the most super-hero stuff and I have been putting in dribs and drabs here and there. They have a glove that seems like something off of Tony Stark's right hand, a big gray repulsor ray that Trey has taken a shine to.

Wisher had the glove and turns out he got it from an Atlantean, dropping intel to them in a bottle into the ocean, letting them know about the Crest's defenses and such.

This past game, all of the Sex Moves got activated right before the big feast. Trey slept with the bone-setting/barber, Mojo - but it wasn't exactly a love match. He just ended up crying to her, talking about his late wife after they both got off. Radd slept with Balls, who had been with Roark before Trey put a grenade in his sternum. No hard feelings, Balls wants to be the Number Two. We'll see how that works out. Burdock fixed Wise's cybernetic arm, in what was probably the most intimate moment of the evening, him taking apart the arm, cleaning it out and putting it back together so that she wouldn't have the shakes anymore.

Next game they execute Radd's plan, figuring out how to deal with the Aramadans. Armada is a string of boats out at sea who circle the islands and they came to the Crests, hat in hand, with nothing to barter but needing water. What they said was that they lost their usual shipment of fish due to a bad storm but word around the camp-fire is that they are sizing the Crests up, seeing what they will do and where the Armadans will side if a full-on water rebellion goes down.

It is Apocalypse World, so it is a big, glroious web of names, desires and lusts all pinging off one another.

Good times.

Judd

Re: The Crests - Water, Surf, Bro's and Blood
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:03:40 PM »
Little Big Things

Jay and I both became managers recently and I can see him play out his frustrations as a manager in the way he plays his Hardholder. I wonder if the moments when Radd loses his temper are the moments when I come closest to a real life experience.

I am not asking enough questions and probably am not drawing enough my maps. My moves on failed rolls have been soft, even for me but I'm okay with slowly ramping that up.   

I made up the Fronts, which is fun as always. I will jot those down in another thread, away from players' eyes.

noofy

Re: The Crests - Water, Surf, Bro's and Blood
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:39:31 AM »
Oh I love the situations and characters you and your group come up with Judd :)
Brilliant as always! Make more maps, yes please.
Can't wait to hear more. Any custom moves? Love letters?