The Walking Eye plays Apocalypse World

• 11 Replies
The Walking Eye plays Apocalypse World
« on: December 23, 2010, 06:29:34 PM »
We've started our run-through of Apocalypse World on The Walking Eye Podcast.

We've got one episode out, one in the can, and will be doing two more, followed by a review of the game and an interview with Vincent.

http://www.thewalkingeye.com/?cat=490 <-- this is a link to the category Apocalypse World, so it'll show you every related post as it gets added.

Enjoy!

Re: The Walking Eye plays Apocalypse World
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »
Episode 2 is up! A lot more plot development in this one, but the shit really hits the fan next session, which will be going up this week (i hope)

http://www.thewalkingeye.com/?p=1042

Chris

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 11:15:08 AM »
Kevin,

Hx goes to +4, with an improvement and a reset to +1. So on the sheet, it'll go from -3 to +3, with improvements on the 4s.

Besides the fiddly bits, good show!
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 11:25:31 AM »
Yeah, we got it worked out by the end of the session. Thanks, glad you're enjoying it!

Chris

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »
Yeah, I still got to finish it up. I only listen to podcasts when I play xbox. :)
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »
you listen to podcasts while playing xbox?  weird.
I listen while i'm driving.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 08:32:28 AM »
Maybe he plays driving sims on the xbox?

Chris

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 08:41:33 AM »
Ha.

No, I listen to Kevin and others whilst enjoying the sweet ups and downs of digital football. A game takes about an hour and a lot of podcasts are an hour, so it fits in my schedule.

NCAA 11 is the best RPG on the xbox right now. Yeah.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 04:26:19 PM »
NCAA 11 is the best RPG on the xbox right now. Yeah.

Does it have a good Dynasty mode?

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »
We've now completed our full run of Apocalypse World. 4 Sessions, a review, and an interview with Vincent.

You can check them all out here: http://www.thewalkingeye.com/?cat=490

Enjoy!

Kevin Weiser
www.thewalkingeye.com

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 02:50:15 AM »
@ Kevin - Awesome sessions / review / interview. Although I already have AW I still found this good prep for my current AW game, and I only shouted "use Act Under Fire!" at my iPod once. Really like that you talked about the LE playbooks and I ended up playing a Maestro 'D because of this.

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 11:45:23 AM »
Just started listening to your Apoc World AP and am enjoying it. I love this game but will admit I have a real hard time wrapping my head around how it all works so this is helping quite a bit! Thanks for doing this!

P.S. Loved your Dresden Files AP! T'was awesome!