Tag-Team Finisher for Luchadors?

• 1 Replies
Tag-Team Finisher for Luchadors?
« on: July 01, 2013, 01:16:13 PM »
I'm brand new to Monster of the Week, but I really like what I've seen so far.  My local RPG group is most likely starting a MotW campaign in a couple of weeks, and at current I'm *really* loving the idea of playing a Luchador.  The thing is, one of the other players is *always* the Luchador.  He was the luchador in a supers game; he may well have been a luchador in a Call of Cthulhu game.  So we're thinking about playing a tag team.  The thing is, I'm not sure how to handle that essential trope, the Tag Team Finishing Maneuver.

One possibility is having *both* players try for a Daredevil Move at the same time, with both needing to succeed for it to hit.  But then how do you count up successes (if, say, one player gets an 11 and the other a 9)?  How much harm should it do?  I would think at least 3-harm, but I'm wondering if 4-harm is just out of the realm of the reasonable -- I'm just not familiar enough with the game to judge.

Or should it be an entirely different Move, with its own write-up?  How would you folks run it?

Re: Tag-Team Finisher for Luchadors?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 06:16:27 PM »
I'd say..
One of the characters, - say, Leader(L) gets to a bad guy and attacks him. For him this is any basic attack move. Then he shouts to his Wingmen(W) - "hey, smack him back". Wingman can try for "Team up" maneuver, which on success gives +X or double damage or whatever(should be good enough) - on half-success I'd move outside world for "soft move", but on fail (to show how it makes things dangerous) bad guy should
a) block the finisher
b) get to attack himself
c) possibly "shake off" effect of the first attack a bit, to represent something, which was hanging in the balance to finish off.