Versions

• 6 Replies
Versions
« on: December 18, 2010, 11:25:56 AM »
Is there an easy way to tell versions of Apocalypse World material apart?

For instance, let's say I've got printouts of a bunch of character playbooks lying around in my cabinet drawer. I pull some out... are these "up-to-date", or old versions with a few minor changes? How can I tell?

So, like, what's the easiest-to-spot latest change?

Re: Versions
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »
Okay, here's an example:

I've seen versions of playbooks/character sheets that list specific Angel gear (e.g., chemstabs, heals 9:00). But the "official" playbooks on the front page don't list those things.

Are the specific-healing Angel gear something that was old, and has been removed, or something new, that has been added, and just hasn't been updated in the "official" playbooks yet?

Chris

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 05:01:26 PM »
The angel used to have a heal move, like the savvyhead used to have a fix-it move.

The gunlugger used to have a cache of arms where he could store them around town. A lot of differences.
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

lumpley

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 11:42:35 PM »
The current downloads are current.

-Vincent

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 12:53:30 PM »
So, if I'm sitting at my desk and looking at a bunch of stuff that's already printed out, is there a "last change" to spot that would allow me to tell what's the latest version, and what is old and should be recycled?

I guess the question is: what is the most recent change to the playbooks?

lumpley

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 03:51:01 PM »
You have the trifold playbooks? If not, they're outdated!

Do they include an MC sheet, a 1st session sheet, 2 sheets for moves (with different images), and 4 sheets for fronts (with different images)? If so, they're current!

In the character playbooks themselves: do all the playbooks have a section called "additional rules"? If so, they're current!

-Vincent

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 04:37:33 PM »
Ah, thank you!

Very helpful to know!