New Playbook: The Freaker

• 1 Replies
New Playbook: The Freaker
« on: August 09, 2013, 03:33:28 PM »
Hi everyone!

Just posting up three new play books for review. If anyone wants to use or comment on them, I'd love it!
This one derives from a bet: it's a weird-based playbook without access to the maelstrom. It probably needs some help!

- Alex

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iIoWbDC-YQQfyfzBsNotJEpT2hC1HB4ZToXMP9WicDo/edit?usp=sharing

Re: New Playbook: The Freaker
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »
Hey there.

I like the idea of what you're working with. I really get the feel of a weird character, but one who's not weird in the psychic/mindfuckery sense. But it seems a lot of the moves are kind of redundant, either with the basic moves or each other. For example, both "Glare" and "Perplexing" seem to me to, at the simplest level, be "roll+weird to seduce or manipulate".  And the rules for the 'lucky' tag could be their own move.

I find "malleable" to be the most interesting new move, followed by "perplexing". They make me think of some kind of twilight zone between Brainer and Savvyhead, which I've had one player try and explore. Have you thought of this playbook as anything like that?