The Battlebabe's gang

• 5 Replies
The Battlebabe's gang
« on: April 04, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »
The Battlebabe can take Leadership+gang as an advance. Since Battlebabes generally have shitty hard (-2 to 0 at start, +2 if you get a +hard move and a stat advance) I'm interested to hear what people have done with it in actual play.

It seems I only ever MC but if I play I feel like I want to try out having -2 hard and a gang, using it as a weapon for going aggro but shying from anything that could count as a battle.

Re: The Battlebabe's gang
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »
I played a Battlebabe with a hard +2 thanks to advancements.  I was given a gang by the MC thanks to my seductive badassery.  It worked fine until I left them to throw in with a slave trader who had a better chance of getting me what I wanted.  I traded up.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 03:21:14 AM »
I'll defend the idea that barring optimized built, the battlebabe attracting enough people to form a gang but not having a reliable mean to manage them is part of the point.

For what I've seen at my table, it's a hoot. The battlebabe either screws a lot of hard rolls and end up with entertaining authority issues, or becomes a manipulative leader instead of a dril sergeant.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 11:33:56 AM »
I've used a custom move for this before. It's a stat-sub move, so not for everyone, but, it was fun and I'm a fan of the pc's!

You’re the QUEEN BITCH!
When Hope has a Female gang, you may Roll +Cool instead Hard for Pack-Alpha or Leadership
Love & Kisses, your MC.

Hanklevoncrankle

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 12:08:13 PM »
You’re the QUEEN BITCH!
When Hope has a Female gang...
Oh Hope, I miss her so! Favourite Apoc World character to date!

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 09:04:34 AM »
You’re the QUEEN BITCH!
When Hope has a Female gang, you may Roll +Cool instead Hard for Pack-Alpha or Leadership
Love & Kisses, your MC.

Oh, I like that!