[Poison'd] Rules questions

• 3 Replies
[Poison'd] Rules questions
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »
I didn't see this anywhere and since the Poison'd errata and Q&A thread is closed, I figured I start up one here.

So I have some questions about fighting on a side. First off do the other players roll their two dice again if the fight escalates? The wording in the text seems to imply that. If so does that mean they have multiple chances to pull out and get some Xs?

Secondly in the errata thread Vincent says that The captain chooses who to give a die to. If you figure someone's going to betray you, don't give them a die - but that means they can't fight for you. I don't know if I agree with that unless you do something in the fiction to support it like ordering the person not to fight or to go get more men, etc.  Is that how it's supposed to work?

Re: [Poison'd] Rules questions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »
Also when fighting on a side can all the participating players spend Xs as per the normal rules or is it only the captain. If a player is not allowed to spend Xs does he still lose them at the end of a fight he is not leading?

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 02:19:43 PM »
What I decided to go with in the game I'm running is have the players keep the dice they are adding to the pool and reroll dice showing less than 4 when the leader escalates. The non-leaders can spend Xs to add to their pool as normal.

If a non-leader is removed from combat his pool goes with him(is discarded). If ordered to leave combat the leader the leader reclaims one die from the removed pool. A non-leader can decline to roll for an escalation before the leader rolls his dice and gain 2 Xs, his pirate has left the fight or simply is disobeying orders. A pirate who does this can reenter the fight on the same side he left by spending 2Xs.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 12:38:46 AM »
Sounds reasonable to me!