Platoon based warfare

• 1 Replies

Chris

Platoon based warfare
« on: December 01, 2010, 04:42:48 PM »
One of my players has gone with the junta wear of his playbook and is extremely martial. So he's broken his gang up into platoons and such.

What's up with moves for when gangs are away from the hold.

Sure, sure, make a hard advance and all that. But stuff like recon missions, how is that handled. I've never had a PC go with that sort of stuff. I know you use Go Aggro and Seize as normal, with your gang as your weapon.

Each one of those things can be a move on the part of the hard-
holder. For instance, “we storm their encampment, we gotta get
through that wall” is both making a hard advance and seizing
something by force
, so the player spends 1 hold and rolls+hard.

When the gang is fighting but the hardholder doesn’t spend
hold, they fght conservatively, for their own survival, or else
they fght according to their impulse as a threat.

Does the holder Act Under Fire for his gang, even though he's back at the hold? Are all gang maneuvers like that? Or am I handling it, according to my principles, moves and all that jazz? Or do I need to wait for the Regiment, which is clearly what my player really wants to play? :)
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

Re: Platoon based warfare
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 03:02:59 AM »
The Regiment will have a few moves for you to steal as needed. :)

Until then, yep, you're doing it right. I would say that the PC doesn't roll to act under fire on behalf of his gang. They go recon somewhere, you as MC decide how that goes, using your agenda, principles, and moves. Be a fan of the characters, think off-screen, announce off-screen badness, look through crosshairs, etc.