Treasure rule for groups of monsters

• 5 Replies
Treasure rule for groups of monsters
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:07:13 PM »
Rather than rolling for each monster individually, is there a suggestion on how to handle the treasure for a group or horde of monsters?

Do people just modify the normal treasure roll or use a separate table, or something beyond that?

Scrape

Re: Treasure rule for groups of monsters
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »
Woah, I didn't realize there were rules for rolling up treasure in there. I always just made it up, like "what does a pack of goblins have tucked away?" I think that's probably easiest.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 05:51:49 AM »
yeah, it's written that you can roll on the table, not that you have to. I never used that table. Strangely enough, it's very rare that characters in my home group go on adventures for money, so treasures are not that important, and if they are, it's something like: the sword of cosmic balance lays at the center of the magnificent old king's treasure. But beware: anyone that touches even one copper coin in his forgotten tomb will be destroyed by the mighty guardians of stone!
Oh, the things we tell ourselves to feel better about the long, dark nights.

noofy

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:24 AM »
I like to asjk the players.... 'What sort of hoard would a bunch of orcs have stashed away?' 'Who would guard it?' 'What would happen if you nicked it?'
Then riff off the answers. Folks in town never trade for orc stuffs anyways. Dirty smelly orcses.

Scrape

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:14:52 AM »
Yeah, I've never rolled for treasure personally. But if that's your thing, you could just roll once and multiply by the number of enemies.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »
Honestly I just glazed over the part with the treasure tables; I had no idea they existed until this thread made me go back and look again. :P