L5R hack?

• 18 Replies
Re: L5R hack?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »

If you sit down and read the descriptions of the rings, it's almost like the basic moves of AW write themselves into the rings. (I've got both the 1st and 4th edition rulebooks, and the descriptions are virtually identical.)

I read the descriptions of the rings. If you read what I wrote above, you'll see that I started with the intention of using the rings. When I saw what Brennan had done, I realized that his way was better. For my L5R hack, I'm using the stats he came up with rather than rings, which I don't feel fit as well. If you want to do your own hack that does use rings, feel free to do so. I won't complain if you do. :)

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 10:56:31 PM »
No problem! I don't think myself or Nerdwerds was saying anything bad about anyone's work or choices. I value everything I read by everyone who contributes, it all helps, it's all inspiring.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 10:58:11 PM »
When I saw what Brennan had done, I realized that his way was better.

No, it's not better. You're just more comfortable using that instead of the rings.

But I don't think it's really Legend of the Five Rings if you're not using the elemental rings. Just my opinion.
Looking for a playbook? Check out my page!
http://nerdwerds.blogspot.com/2012/12/all-of-playbooks.html

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 08:23:35 AM »
Of course it isn't L5R. It's a hack of L5R.