Played today!

• 12 Replies

NilsH

Played today!
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:50:12 PM »
We had an awesome first session today- really, really fun!!!

Will tell you more about it tomorrow, sleeping time in Sweden now- just had to say it :)

NilsH

Re: Played today!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 07:14:43 AM »
The campaign is set in Sweden in the nineties in the fictive city Kristiansborg

The city

The city Kristiansborg is located on the southeast coast of Sweden and is an old military port with old defenses. In the middle of the city lies Christian Castle, a black stain on the horizon and the castle park where young people meet and smoke and drink beer and fuck- a lot of shady types are also in the park.

The town economy is still based on the port industry and trade in Finland and the Baltics, but there are also a couple of chemical factories on the outskirts of the city which regularly seeps into the sulfur-smelling cloud over Kristiansborg.

People are moving from the city, there are too few jobs and many are poor. Houses stand empty and some parts of the city is really rundown.

The hospital in Kristiansborg is called East Hospital. There are two secondary schools in Kristiansborg. The campaign takes it´s start at Mörrebäcksskolan, a school with about 3,000 students. Groups who are at school: The Nazis, communist-girls, pounders, people in student council, kickers-gang, a sports and computer geek gang.

The characters

Calle play Vilgot Sterner, a 16-year-old Ghoul. Vilgots family was in a terrible car accident six months ago, all but his father died. His father, Kent, works as a surgeon at Eastern Hospital and by some form of magic resurrected his son. When he saw the result, he chose not to let the others in the family come back from the dead. Vilgot lives with his father in a run-down functionalist building in poorer parts of town. Vilgot has a hunger for for human flesh, as his father smuggle home from the hospital. When Vilgot hear loud noises, his hunger becomes All-Consuming.

Vilgot is in love with Matilda, who is in his class. She has shown him that he can find true love despite the fact that he is dead. (She has two strings on him).

Vilgot has a string on John because he saw John Sympathetic steal a token from Michael, in gymnastics.

Moves: Short residual for the wicked. Cold Hard Desire

Hakan plays Mikael Ek (18 years), a Fea, who has not understood his powers but who believe himselves to be just an Asian adopted son in the family. Michael dresses in sparkly clothes and is called gay at school. After a few cruel rage where Michael really hurt people, nobody dares to openly mock or beat him. Michael has been in regular contact with the counselor after the events. Two girls at school hangs after Michael as his Fag Hags, Michael himself does not know what sexual orientation as he has. Michael lives with his parents and three siblings. One of Michael's siblings playing with John's little sister. Michael and Vilgot has previously played in a band and they grew up together. Sometimes they smoke together in the old bunker.

Michael has started to become obsessed with promises and what people say and not say, and if they follow what their words suggest, he has begun to see the magic of words.

In a dream the Faery King has warned Michael for Vilgot and said that it floats dead blood in Vilgot.

Michael has a string on John because John look up to him and is impressed that Michael dares to stand out, be different and break the patterns.

Moves: The Constant bargain, Lure.

Peter is John Gustafson (18), a witch who does not really realize what he is. Currently Johan is living an everyday life in a family where everything is orderly and perfect. The two brokerage parents are almost never at home and John is left to take care of his 12-year old sister Alma, who feels he gotta protect and take care of. In Gustafson's family house, everything is clean and tidy, like a house for sale. The children are flooded with expensive things, but rarely get to meet their parents. Johan feels alone and outside, can never be part of any parties and is often pointed out as precocious and talented guy, he sometimes tries to buy his friends through their expensive stuff but it does not work correctly.

John has noticed that he is Gifted and do rituals that works. When he does rituals, he often comes across the boundaries of what is okay in society, ie, with sex and blood and sacrifice. John and Vilgot meet sometimes in the woods and shooting with the revolver Vilgot "borrowed" from his father. John and Michael attend the same classes at Mörrebäcksskolan. Their siblings have also been playing.

John has a Sympathetic token (a glittery scarves) on Michael-he stole it to keep track of Michael as he looks up to, but also because Michael seems to be pretty dangerous when he gets mad.

Moves: Sympathetic tokens, Hex-caster, transgressive Token.

Intro
The week before we start playing with two young people on two separate occasions, a girl and a boy, was found slaughtered in the woods. Most likely the girl was at a rave party d when she disappearedat.

NilsH

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 07:40:41 AM »
Monster Hearts session one.

Vilgot wake in the morning in his basement room in the villa and hears the front door slam shut. He goes up to the kitchen and see that daddy Kent brought a friend home, a doctor from the hospital named Sara. They are both drunk, smokes and are giggling, they have apparently been awake all night. Vilgot takes a cigarette and Kent goes to make breakfast. Sara then becoumes completely serious and want to look at his wound and talk about the accident. When Kent comes back she pretends to be drunk and giggly again. Vilgot know that Sara is the mother of Matilda (who Vilgot is in love with, and that goes in his class) and Sarah is married and lives with her husband. Sara tries to get Vilgot to meet her for an examination of his healing after the accident. It appears that Sarah's daughter, Matilda's older sister was the girl who was found slain in the forest a week ago.

When Sara has left the house, father and son starts fighting, and Kent calls his son a monsters and wishes he did not take him back to life.

John is going to school with his younger sister Matilda who ostentatiously go two steps ahead of him. John knows that Matilda slipped into the house in the middle of the night, no one else in the family knows about this, and Matilda refuses to talk about it. John can now see that Matilda has a hickey on her neck. She turns around and screams and says that John does not need to follow her to her school. John threatens to reveal to their parents that she came home at night. She is threatening to tell Krille (a 16 year old guy in Vilgot class)and reveal John's secret. Matilda has namely walked in when John did a ritual in his room, naked with the neighbor's cat slaughtered and its blood smeared on his face. Matilda storms away. (Here we should probably rolled for Manipulate ...)

Johan comes to the school where Michael stands and smokes with one of his fag-hags Maria-a communist girl who goes in Vilgot class. Maria is upset that the Nazis sprayed a nazi-cross at the school and think they should fight back with violence. The three smoke together. Michael get Mary to promise not to reveal that he smokes.

Nazis go past them led by the giant Patte-their leader. Patte respects Michael because Michael knocked down and seriously injured one of Patten's followers. Patte starts harassing John and demands a cigarette from him. In the end, Patte gets a ciggarett from Michael. Patte says the biology teacher Bo-Flink is a pedophile and molested children. This weekend they are gonna get back on Bo-Flink and Patte want Michael and John to follow. The bell rings and they go into school. (Here we should probably also have rolled for some move)

Lesson and Vilgot is sitting next to Mary at Bo-Flink's lesson. Bo-Flink is hated by all and hate all students except Vilgot who is Bo-Flink's favorite student. Why?, Mary wants Vilgot to coma att the party tonight and bring Michael, who Mary is in love in. Everyone throws pieces paper at Bo-Flink. Vilgot draws (for fun), a nazi-cross on a piece of paper, and Maria goes mad and moves away from him, she starts talking shit about Vilgot with the others and the whole class heckle him. Matilda, who Vilgot loves, is crying in class.

Michael is on the way to the counselor, who is a woman who he really think is terribly attractive, and that unconsciously dress a little too lightly dressed, with too many buttons unbuttoned on the blouse. As Michael approaches the counselor, the swedish-teacher Fredrik storms out from her room, really furious and walks away. It is unclear why he is angry (???). He slams the door shut when he walks away.

When Michael comes over to the counselors office he hears a bang. He knocks and enters. Counselor Madeleine stands with her back to him, bent like an animal. She has thrown her big goldfish bowl into the wall, there is water and broken glass everywhere and on the floor jumps three dying fish. Everything on the desktop is on the floor. When she turns around and looks at him, Mikael recognize her eyes from a terrible dream. Cat eyes.

Michael has had a dream in which a cat-man menacingly approached and humiliated him, and felt contempt for him. Madeleine stands there now with the eyes and curved body like an animal, canine teeth sharper than usual and the long red-painted fingernails seem longer than usual and she is approaching menacingly. She blinks away the strange eyes and invites him and brushes away the broken glass on two seats, does not seem to care that it looks strange. She is intimidating and as Michael points out that the fish dies, she takes them up and throw them in a coffee cup.

Madeleine caresses Michael sexual and is simultaneously intimidating, she says he is different at school, a gay and that she should take care of him, and get him right . She wants them to meet after school and then she will guide him right, she also mentioned that his friend Vilgot needs to be guided to the right track.

Apparently, Madeleine and school boards have talked about that Michael is dangerous to have in school, because of his rage.

Johan is in the dining room and stand in the line when he sees Krille with his moped-mates. Krille makes fucking movements with his lower body and they laugh when they see Johan, they points and laughes even more. Krille pass Johan and asks him to say hello to his sister. When Krille has passed Johan, John attacs him with his metall food tray (Lash out at someone, 11)

Johan makes Great anger and smashes Krille face and hit him in the neck so that he does not get up again. People pull off Johan. They try to get him to calm down. Krille lies in a pool of blood and is not moving. Johan tries to run away. (When you run away from something) and hits seven of the roll. He pulls away and runs straight into the Patte, Krilles big brother who gets a string on him. Patte whispers that John's blood will flow. John pulls away and runs right into a cart with tray of food which is trown over a table, the entire dining room can see him rushing out of there. John runs from the schoolyard and away, all staring at him. In the distance he hears ambulance sirens.

Michael sits in the library with his fag-hag Jenny that Michael is in love with, but she knows it not. They should be working but Jenny can not concentrate, she talks about Matilda, the prettiest girl in school who lost her older sister. Jenny says that Matilda pretends to feel good but she does not.

Vilgot comes to Michael and Jenny. Jenny says that Michael's band was better when Vilgot was singing in it (?) And she would love to listen to them if Vilgot was playing with them. Vilgot says he has a new band with among others Krille on drums. Vilgot clearly feels kicked out of the band. Michael said that they believed Vilgot was dead. They talk about Matilda and Jenny says that her boyfriend beats her, and she does not feel good at all.

Jenny wants Vilgot to come at the party tonight. Vilgot say they should have pre-party at Michael, Michael does not seem to say no. Vilgot promises that Mikael will have fun at the party, and Jenny promises not to drink at all tonight (yeah right ...!). Jenny tells them what happened with John in the dining room and that John ran from the school. Vilgot dash off to find him. Jenny says that there are rumors that Matilda's sister who was slaughtered- her dead body has disappeared from the autopsy at the hospital.

Jenny makes Mikael promise to help her talk to Vilgot at the party.

Vilgot find John in the woods where John sits and thinks of his sister and what his parents will say, and that Alma might reveal John's secrets now. The two talk a bit, Vilgot comforts, and they shoot with Vilgots revolver, a duck flees terrified from the lake just off, the shots echoing in the empty woods and tranquility settles for a while.

Late in the day and Michael go back to school to get one thing he forgot and suddenly finds himselve alone in a corridor on the fourth floor. Then the abyss opens to him and Michael sees it as the hallway vibrates and shakes and continues indefinitely into a dark abyss and beyond it there is a light. Voices can be heard whispering, and he feels a presence of lots of creatures or humans?

He hears a cat sound behind him. Mikal turns around and there is counselor Madeleine with her blouse unbuttoned so the bra is visible. She makes a cat move and is just close to him and says she will get him to come back, he must submit and take his place, she will ensure that he comes home to his home and takes his punishment and his place. Madeleine tries to kiss him up against the wall, but Michael manages to escape (When you run away from something).

On the way home  Johan passes a special bike tunnel. There is always dark, the lights are destroyed as soon as they are repaired and the tunnel is always covered with graffiti with characters you can not read and impossible mesmerizing pictures. Someone is sitting down and crying in the tunnel. It turns out to be Matilda with her Goth clothes and makeup running. She has a wound on her cheek. Matilda says she goes to the tunnel because she feels at home there, and quiet. She says her boyfriend Luke beat her-she loves him above all else, but somebody has to make him understand that she just loves him and nobody else.

Matilda says her mother has bedcome wacky and just talks about that the older sister will come back, and that she's not dead. Matilda seeks solace with John and embraces him, asking him for help to get Luke to understand. Matilda is the most beautiful girl John has seen.

Here we stopped.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »
Fuck. Yes!

This is so good.

I love that Vilgot's father resurrected him, and brings him home meat from the hospital, but is disgusted in what he has created. That's so fucking good.

I have a question about the lunchroom scene. The two moves that you guys rolled (lash out, run away)... did you feel like the options "fit" for the context? Did they steer the scene in a natural but compelling direction?

Matilda seeks solace with John and embraces him, asking him for help to get Luke to understand. Matilda is the most beautiful girl John has seen.

At this point, I think it would have been a fair point at which to use the MC move "an NPC takes a String on a PC." I'm sure that Johan had a major rush of endorphins, and probably a hard-on, getting a chance to swoop in and caress poor Matilda.

Here we stopped.

Awesome! This is perfect.

Fights with dad about whether you should be alive. Sibling rivalries. Mentions of cat-slaughtering magic rituals. Clique wars. Cafeteria fights. Awkward love triangles (Mikael-Jenny-Vilgot, and also Johan-Matilda-her boyfriend). A Were-Cat thing for a high school counselor.

Where there any mechanics that really sung?

Where there any that felt awkward or that delayed the action?

Did the group feel like they knew what to do next, in every instance of play?

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »
Also, how do you feel about creating Fires for next session? It seems like you've got some good stuff to work with.

I see "Matilda Is Breaking Down" as a potential Fire, with "Overprotective Boyfriend Escalates his Abuse" and "In Love with Johan" as Coals, and "Planning to Commit Suicide" as a Flame.

I mean, you could easily write it differently, but at a glance, that's what I'd do.

Remember: All the Coals and Flames start "off", and you switch them on like light switches, one by one, in whatever order you see fit.

Also, Madeleine seems like she's probably the crux of another Fire.

NilsH

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 04:34:09 AM »
I have a question about the lunchroom scene. The two moves that you guys rolled (lash out, run away)... did you feel like the options "fit" for the context? Did they steer the scene in a natural but compelling direction?

Yes- it was the first scene where the rules really helped us, and they seemed fit for the context, I really like Running away- so great!!!

Matilda seeks solace with John and embraces him, asking him for help to get Luke to understand. Matilda is the most beautiful girl John has seen.

At this point, I think it would have been a fair point at which to use the MC move "an NPC takes a String on a PC." I'm sure that Johan had a major rush of endorphins, and probably a hard-on, getting a chance to swoop in and caress poor Matilda.
Here we stopped.

Absolutely, forgot about that option. We didn´t use the rules that much at all, though three of us have played AW and then used the rules all the time. I think it feelt too "nice" to mix the description and talk with rules and dices, it was so awesone, we didn´t really need rules that much. I thinkt this is gonna change the next session, I hope so. In this one nobody used strings, and I hope they will the next time, I know I will do it as MC, to get it started.

Maybe som npc should have strings from the beginning?

I have thought a lot about that the moves Read person and read sitch are missing. In the game we didn´t miss them at all- but often in AW it is these two moves that starts the rules & rolls thinking. I read a sitch and I get +1 on my move when I attack, so I attack and roll the dice.

Here everything is social and not that much "kill or be killed", more subtle- so we talked the conflicts through instead of making them a rules & roll thing, which seemed really nice. But hopefullt we will use more roles next time.

It seems the characters soon gonna have some things to fight for, and then they will make moves.

The player thought the characters moves were really different from AW. In AW the moves make you powerful, they give you tools to break and mold the world. In MH the moves tells you who you are and what problems you have. Escepcially the Ghoul-player thought his skinn didn´t have any moves that was actually good for him.

We weren´t sure we disliked this difference, but we talked about it a lot.

One thing I´m thinking is that the will to get xp is based on the players wanting to get new cool moves. Maybe they won´t be so focused on making moves- getting xp- buying cool great moves?- when their moves actually doesn´t give them opportunity to break the rules and do amazing stuff?

As I said before- I´m not sure I wanna change this in MH- we had a really good time with the moves as they are- we just talked about it a lot.

Another thing is about the characters development. What if characters can start buying powerful AW-moves when the have reached their fifth improvment? The Fae is suddenly getting access to his lore- the vampire starts to understand how to mezmerize and control people? It will be a built in change in the campaign and the story line. Not sure I like it myself- just a thought.

Where there any mechanics that really sung?

Where there any that felt awkward or that delayed the action?

Did the group feel like they knew what to do next, in every instance of play?

The build up of the play- where we went through the skinns and stuff really sung- no problem at all to start talking and getting ideas and being over-excited. Also the thoughts about, place, how to start, going trhough the skins etc. Great!!

No awkwardness at all. But we didn´t use the rules that much.

We had some diskussion about the difference between The ghouls dark self if he dies and the move to die and wake up with all-consuming hunger- until we realised that all-consuming and dark self indeed meant different things.

I think the third stat-alternative for the ghoul is wrong.

/ Nils

NilsH

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »
I´m gonna start building my fires and coals now- just gonna show you what I start with:

(translated through google translator, so sorry if I have missed som strangeness, God knows there are many....)

Sara wants back his dead daughter-need vitality from Vilgot to achieve it, need Kent's help, promises intimacy to get it

Patte wants revenge and the power to control people, wants revenge on John, using violence to keep people in fear, want to enlist the help of Vilgot to strike terror in the Bo-Flink, and make himself worthy of the old Nazis, there is a whole bunch of shit dangerous types that are not visible in the school. Make an example of John.

Kent wants intimacy, with Sara, prepared to give away power to get it, give away his son and the knowledge of how to make Ghouls.

Matilda wants belonging, she wants to belong among the elderly and cool to not be like her brother, who she feels is sick and miserable-has to pay withintimacy

Krille want to have sex, with Matilda, with anyone, can pay with Belonging, is one of those cool at school, can get into one anywhere, has one old man with power as well, who owns a nightclub in town, can pay by entry where

Mary wants chaos-love when it gets dramatic and amazing, want a war against the Nazis, want people to show their "true" pages, like things are turned upside down, may pay with sex

Bo-Flink want trust, affinity, preferably with Vilgot which is an outside guy, he can pay with cash, is rich. A pedophile who are not offenders, even

Matilda wants to have intimacy with her boyfriend Luke and use intimacy to get it, seduces others to help her

Luke wants to have control over Matilda, total control, he uses force and violence to get her not to look the other guys. Luke is a karate expert who is also radiantly beautiful and has the highest ratings in all.

Madeline, the counselor is a fairy who wants to get Michael home to feariy land, and take control of the school and get fairy land into the school, opening the gates to the kingdom where she will be queen of her new subjects, want power, and will use violence and threats to get what she wants, wants Mikael as a slave.

Frederick, a Swedish teacher who stormed out of Madeleine's office seeks power from fairy-land to take revenge on Bo-Flink, who Frederick believe molested Frederick's nephews (but it was probably someone else), Fredrik can pay by chaos, which will make the school to turn to the Madeleine, by the little magic she gives him, he shall have all more or less mad and receptive to fairy-land

Bosse, the cook in the dining room, want money and trying to squeeze it from among others: Madeleine, through control over knowledge, has the ability to know things about people, can begin to squeeze even students if they prove to have money, Vilgot has a physician's parent

Possible events:
• Matilda turns out to be a witch, or something, gets her forces from under the bridge, kills someone
• Matilda have been beaten by her boyfriend
• Patte demean John shamelessly, raping him with a stick, pulling his clothes and beat him bloody and get him to run by party
• Kent tries to get Vilgot to help Sara with the revival
• Kent gets caught when he steals corpses, no more dead flesh to Vilgot
• Someone enters when Vilgot eat dead flesh
• Madeleine comes home to Michael's parents, bewitches them and get them to agree that he should stay with her overnight in a cabin in the woods
• Alma reveals Johan for the parents, the father beats John
• Alma calls for John to ask Krille sorry, Krille whispers that John must pick up her sister so she can suck when he looks at
• Alma falls in love with a vampire
• Krille seduce someone else, bring her in to the dad club
• Madeleine bring Michael into the felandet seduces him and handcuff him as their slave
• Jenny trying to seduce Vilgot
• Matilda's girlfriends are trying to persuade John that he fits better as a boyfriend
• Patte want Vilgot distract Bo-Flink while they enter and steal his photo album to show for the police
• Social takes Vilgot when dad is in prison
• Alma tries to seduce Michael
• Jenny drink a lot at the party, sits at the knee of Vilgot, Michael sees her break her promise

Now I´m gonna try to make fires and coals... :)

(hope it´s readable)

NilsH

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 03:08:50 PM »
My first two fires- looks ok?

Matilda is breaking down
Matilda has been left by her sister (who died), her mother has gone mad and her boyfriend is being cruelly jealous, (bewitched by Madeleine?). Now she becomes increasingly self-destructive, begins to believe in Luke, uses all means to get him to love her forever. Luke becomes more and more aggressive and Matilda turns to black magic to get what she wants (?). Her friends try to get her admitted to the hospital.

Wants: Intimacy and Power

The cast: Luke and Matilda, Matilda's friends, mother Sarah who believe everything Luke says, and are wary of Matilda, the black sheep of the daughters, the father who started shooting heroin again, after fifteen years of residence. Matildas sister's ghost that chases her and tries to warn her of her killer.

Flammable things: The psyche of Matilda, her sanity. Luke's relationship with Matilda, What else?

Flames: she is planning to commit suicide, she gets husband Johan to fall in love with her to get his Powers, She gets beaten up by Luke, The father is found outside someone's house, or inside it stealing, The Ghost Shows Itself, screaming for two minutes in her bedroom , and then again, and again-she seeks help

Coal: Matilda has started to practice witchcraft, and she has seen John do it, She has also contacted Madeleine to get power. In love with john, over-protective boyfriend escalats his violence

Madeleine brings Fae- land to school

Madeleine is a refuge from the cruel princess feary land, she has recognized Michael as a fae who has fleed and plans to build her new queendom on her and his power, she just needs to open the gates to fae-land in scholl, by starting chaos and binding people to her, she needs chaos. Fredrik is her unwilling servant, Bosse tries to take her money, She wants to control Michael. Maria also loves chaos. Matilda Has Come to her for power.

What's Wanted: Power and Control

The cast: Madeleine, Fredrik, Bosse and Mary (Matilda), (Someone who opposes her???)

Flammable things: The school, Michael's reputation, Michael's humanity, peoples freedom, the Principle (the king of the school who must have his head cut off)

Flames: Madeleine comes to Mikaels house and makes him live in the forest over the night, to take control over him, Fredrik does something…? Hmm?

Coals: Feary land comes to the school, everyones goes mad, Madeleine gets power inside the school, she takes control over some students and teachers and uses them as her slaves and pawns.

Should probably make the murders in the forest into Fires, and Alma, something, and probably something with Matildas mother Sara who tries to wake her dead daughter…

Thankful for any help, ideas and/ or inspiration!! :)

/ Nils

(ok, no more google translator, looks like shit, sorry....)

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 02:13:02 PM »
Hey Nils,

As a note from the sidelines: thanks for writing this up! I enjoyed reading it, and if this was a show, I'd totally watch it. :)

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 03:19:08 PM »
Hey Nils,

The Google Translator thing made it pretty hard for me to parse the Flames & Coals sections.

Generally, this is looking good. Two Fires is probably good for now, so you're mostly set!

I'd strongly urge not having too many Flames and Coals for each Fire. I'd suggest 2 of each, for every Fire. Because of how the Translator worked, I can't tell if you have that many or more right now. :S

I look forward to seeing how this goes!

NilsH

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 03:52:07 AM »
no more google translator... The only fun part was when it translated string= the swedish word for thong in all of the texts, and I almost missed it...

We will play on sunday and hopefully use more of the rules- I have some thought about why we didn´t use them, but first I wanna see if it´s the game or us.

Thanks for reading!!

/ Nils

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 07:56:38 AM »
Hello

Calle here, the guy that plays Villgot.
Just have to drop in and say thanks for a very nice hack.
I have some questions in the same areas as Nils, this:

seems the characters soon gonna have some things to fight for, and then they will make moves.

The player thought the characters moves were really different from AW. In AW the moves make you powerful, they give you tools to break and mold the world. In MH the moves tells you who you are and what problems you have. Escepcially the Ghoul-player thought his skinn didn´t have any moves that was actually good for him.

We weren´t sure we disliked this difference, but we talked about it a lot.

One thing I´m thinking is that the will to get xp is based on the players wanting to get new cool moves. Maybe they won´t be so focused on making moves- getting xp- buying cool great moves?- when their moves actually doesn´t give them opportunity to break the rules and do amazing stuff?

As I said before- I´m not sure I wanna change this in MH- we had a really good time with the moves as they are- we just talked about it a lot.

Another thing is about the characters development. What if characters can start buying powerful AW-moves when the have reached their fifth improvment? The Fae is suddenly getting access to his lore- the vampire starts to understand how to mezmerize and control people? It will be a built in change in the campaign and the story line. Not sure I like it myself- just a thought

Would be great to hear your thoughts about it Mcdaldno.

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 03:27:54 PM »
Hey Cazzlor,

Looking over The Ghoul again, I think you're right - he doesn't have enough moves that are simply, straightforwardly good.

Cold Hard Desire is a really awesome move, especially for a Ghoul. You get to turn people on by being an emotionless jerk.

What the Right Hand Wants, Wanting is Needing, and Watchful Golem all net you XP. Which means that the Ghoul is sort of an XP-earning machine. Keep in mind, after netting that XP, you can always buy moves from the other classes.

But, yeah. As currently designed, The Ghoul can only ever be powerful if you play him as a hunger machine, and really ratchet off of stuff like Wanting is Needing.

I'll re-think that.