Steely Knives (an adventure)

• 3 Replies
Steely Knives (an adventure)
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:40:31 PM »
Hi all

Was a backer and lovin the game so far. I haven't had a group to rp with for a long time, so i'm a bit rusty.  This is the first adventure i put together for a small group of friends...i know it's a lot more detailed than what's suggested, but i'm still getting my head around "leaving holes" and "play to see what happens". 2/3's of my group have never rp'd before - so it's going to take us all a little bit to get used to this.

I hope you find something in this little adventure you like, we had a great time.

/Snamo Zont

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24213584/DW_Steely_Knives_SnamoZont.pdf

Re: Steely Knives (an adventure)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 05:03:30 AM »
I dig it! It's like Motel Hell meets Silent Hill by way of Clive Barker. It appeals to my old-timey splatterpunk sensibilities. Ag is freaky-creepy.

I'm afraid I don't much care for the ghost-cook recipe thing. It reminds me of the little mini-game/puzzle things in computer RPGs that I always either skip over or cheat to get through. That's just my tastes, though. Healer's Angel is a pretty cool potion, though.

At the very least I'm probably going to steal the Butcher for some future adventure.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »
gees, 14 pages for DW! People has done entire DW-inspired complete games in a lot less space! ;) That said, if you ever gonna prep for a first session (something that's not only unnecessary, but even a bit limiting), try to get in line with the fronts mechanic, they are really all that is needed for DW!

i'm still getting my head around "leaving holes" and "play to see what happens". 2/3's of my group have never rp'd before - so it's going to take us all a little bit to get used to this.
Don't worry: I played a lot of DW with brand-new players and they got used to how it works a lot quicker than any other player!
Oh, the things we tell ourselves to feel better about the long, dark nights.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
I dig it! It's like Motel Hell meets Silent Hill by way of Clive Barker. It appeals to my old-timey splatterpunk sensibilities. Ag is freaky-creepy.

I'm afraid I don't much care for the ghost-cook recipe thing. It reminds me of the little mini-game/puzzle things in computer RPGs that I always either skip over or cheat to get through. That's just my tastes, though. Healer's Angel is a pretty cool potion, though.

At the very least I'm probably going to steal the Butcher for some future adventure.

thanks!  Well, the first mention of Motel Hell in 2013 has happened earlier than i thought, ha.