New Class: The Artificer

• 24 Replies
Re: New Class: The Artificer
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 03:55:29 AM »
Hi people!

I'm relieved to see the Artificer here. I didn't expect it to already exist. I am not much of a playbook-maker, so it's much easier for me to have your nicely crafted one, guys. Probably this will be the first big step of convincing one of my stubbornly tradgamer friend to find her interests in "simple" games. (Yeah, it's simple, but not just because of the math and the shorter list of mechanically different, specific combat options, which she are conditioned to be aware of (her favourite is D&D3.x).)
So thank you again!

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
I'm curious as to how the Artificer has evolved during play.  Are there any updates now that Dungeon World has been finalized?

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 02:06:10 AM »
I'm a friend of theloneamigo, and I re-jiggered the Artificer to be a little more low-tech in fluff. I've seen it in play for one session and it worked really well. A bit later I'll post up my adjusted version.

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 10:55:54 AM »
I'm curious as to how the Artificer has evolved during play.  Are there any updates now that Dungeon World has been finalized?

I was actually just working on it today, in fact. I've drastically increased the number of level up moves available since the last upgrade I posted, refitted the sheet to the new character sheet format, and most importantly, adjusted the HP and damage values to 4 + Constitution and d8, respectively.

The new Artificer is available here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5a0zi5yzop5eu8k
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:30:21 PM by gnome7 »

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »
Updated the pdf after some feedback: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?400cpfc34f393ao

noclue

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 12:13:25 PM »
Media fire hates my ipad
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 03:29:47 PM »
Updated the pdf after some feedback: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?400cpfc34f393ao

THIS.IS.AMAZING!!!!

can i wear a fez?

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »
The slightly lower-tech-themed version that I'm using can be found here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3OKU960Zo97MzBNT3BaYzVWTWs

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 05:43:30 AM »
After a bit of playtesting, there was some confusion about what happens with destroyed/lost Gadgets, and also about using Gadgets as weaponry, like with a Steam Emitter Mechanism. So, to fix that, the Gadget Belt move got some expanding, and thus a new playbook was made. This is probably the actual, final Artificer playbook for real you guys.

Get it here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:21:49 AM by gnome7 »

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 07:18:05 PM »
After a bit of playtesting, there was some confusion about what happens with destroyed/lost Gadgets, and also about using Gadgets as weaponry, like with a Steam Emitter Mechanism. So, to fix that, the Gadget Belt move got some expanding, and thus a new playbook was made. This is probably the actual, final Artificer playbook for real you guys.

Get it here.

See, I think this is why I prefer my original version of the Gadget move without the mandatory charge-spending. It makes the Artificer more useful over the long run, rather than just spending half the adventure wishing she hadn't blown all her charge in the first half...
+++THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Ambition knows no bounds.+++

Rogue Trader: Apocalypse