Knifesies - My first shot at Fronts

• 5 Replies
Knifesies - My first shot at Fronts
« on: December 04, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »
Here's the AP of my last game, which starts with the Fronts I made (it was the 2nd session). Some of this was ripped off from Devon Apple's (Nuka Coil) and some from the sample front in the book (all three uses a Affliction as a disease/contamination vector).

I'd love any feedback on the Fronts (at the beginning of the post), and/or some of the places I think I fell down as an MC (at the end of the post).

http://www.seannittner.com/actual-play-knifesies/

Thanks,

Sean

Re: Knifesies - My first shot at Fronts
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »
You gave me the seed for the Nuka Coil front to begin with, remember?

Knifesies sucks.
"Above the tortured heavens
So full of silent waiting
Howl screams of birth and triumph
Unlock the faceless hating"

- Darkest Of The Hillside Thickets, "Ogdru Jahad"

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »
Yeah, don't play that fucking game unless you have to.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »
Super good work on the game, Sean. So much shit waiting to happen, really good work. I'm curious to hear how these evolve over the course of the campaign, I find threats and fronts change a lot as important people die and are introduced and the secret "I wonder" items turn into "I know" items and alter the world.

Vicki is very interesting, the threat of blasting the entrances to seal the mall is compelling (Though can't you just go out the emergency exit or something?) The threat of restricted access is cool, pair that with something the PC's would truly miss on one side of the door or the other.

If anything on the custom moves, i would like to see some benefit to the PC's for hitting 10+, rather than that meaning essentially nothing happens.

How long have your sessions been? Seems like a great deal of content for early in the game.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 02:05:30 PM »
Hey Scott, thanks!

The sessions have been about two hours long, and yeah, I think we've covered a lot in both. Really good point about making sure there is something they miss. I'll ask more questions. We've already got a couple things (ammo, people, etc, but I'll make sure it's something they love all mighty). As for other exits, they've all be barricaded, collapsed or otherwise closed off already. Part of making it defensible was limiting access in the first place.

Yeah, you're right, 10+ should have some good results. I'll give them a question they can ask, or something like that.

Can't wait till they head out to Ash Heap.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »
Our two-hour sessions have just been packed and efficiently run. It's crazy.
"Above the tortured heavens
So full of silent waiting
Howl screams of birth and triumph
Unlock the faceless hating"

- Darkest Of The Hillside Thickets, "Ogdru Jahad"