Villager level up class selection

• 5 Replies
Villager level up class selection
« on: December 01, 2012, 07:07:09 AM »
I was just re-reading the Villager playbook today, and I was wondering... should the Villager not be able to level up to ANY class?  It has a specific set of classes listed (that excludes, IIRC, the Bard and Druid) and I couldn't think of any particular reason why.  It occurred to me that those classes may not have been written at the time of the Villager's writing.  But it also occurred to me that I may not have thought of something.

So... should a Villager leveling up really have access to all available classes, or is there a good reason for only the particular classes on the sheet?

noofy

Re: Villager level up class selection
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:18:47 AM »
Yup, written before the 'extra' classes. So sure! Level up from villager to whatever playbook you like :)

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »
Yup, DW Basic was out at that point so that was the original audience.  Level up as you will.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 01:10:02 PM »
Hey there.  I just bought the PDF, and I'm wondering where this Villager class is available?  Was it something in the kickstarter?

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 09:14:43 PM »
It's exclusive to members of the Adventurer's Guild, which isn't too tricky to join.

I'm hoping that, since DW has been released, they'll update the stuff they have in the Adventurer's Guild - or even better, licence it under Creative Commons Attribution so others can update it and play around with it.
All my posts (unless stated otherwise) are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
The Villager is not exactly up-to-date for the current ruleset.  Once we're done all the kickstarter stuff, we'll probably take a crack at updating it.  THAT SAID, if one of our charming and talented forum dwellers wanted to take it apart and rebuild it, I am certain we would be more than happy about that.

Basically, we just don't have the time to dedicate to updating old free material just now!