Just give me a motive from Maestro D´

• 5 Replies
Just give me a motive from Maestro D´
« on: April 15, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »
"Just give me a motive: name somebody who might conceivably eat, drink, or otherwise ingest something you´ve touched. If it´s an NPC, roll+hard; a PC, roll+Hx. On a 10+, they do, and suffer 4-harm (ap) sometime during the next 24 hours. On a 7-9, it´s 2-harm (ap). On a miss, some several people of the MC´s choice, maybe including your guy maybe not, get it, and all suffer 3-harm (ap)."

Ok, I just don´t get the move, I mean, I understand how it works, but I can´t just explain that in the fiction... Why something you´ve touched? Why do and suffer harm? Does it represent the Maestro D´ inciting a traditional bar fight? Is it something more esoteric or weird?

Re: Just give me a motive from Maestro D´
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:54:11 PM »
This represents the contact the Maestro has had with the victim and the fact they've had a chance to introduce poison or something into their food, drink, etc.

Suddenly, without warning.  Dead.

lumpley

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 01:06:31 PM »
Yep, poison.

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 01:13:23 PM »
This represents the contact the Maestro has had with the victim and the fact they've had a chance to introduce poison or something into their food, drink, etc.

Suddenly, without warning.  Dead.
Ok, that´s clear, but why the victim does some damage as she suffers it? ("...they do, and suffer, 4 harm...")

lumpley

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
Oh! It's, "if someone might conceivably eat it, they do [eat it], and suffer 4-harm."

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »
Oh! It's, "if someone might conceivably eat it, they do [eat it], and suffer 4-harm."
Jajaja, I totally misunderstood it...
Thanks!