Hunters and Sex

• 2 Replies
Hunters and Sex
« on: November 07, 2012, 06:48:42 AM »
So, there's no specials in MotW.

And here I am, watching Supernatural for the umpteen time, and there's lots of sex. I mean, capital-l Lots. And it's relevant, too. Dean Winchester definitely classify for "get +1 and if you want, give +1 to your partner" special, or maybe the "it's not like it means anything" special. Sammy get his freak on less often, but it's still a couple time a season, and it counts likewise.

I started to think about the other source materials. Buffy ? A lot of people get some, and it's relevant. Angel ? Well, having (or not having) sex is actually a big deal for the titular character, and others get plot-relevant sex couple times a season too. X-Files is less sexually gratifying for their heroes, but damn, Fringe has a relevant sex scene in the first half of the first episode.

So, why not ?

Re: Hunters and Sex
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 12:09:24 AM »
The initial playtest versions had them, but they didn't work organically in play. The mechanical effects never seemed to quite fit in.

Which isn't to say that I don't expect sex and the associated relationship angst to be absent from play! But I don't think that mechanical effects added anything to play.

Re: Hunters and Sex
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 04:31:38 AM »
Yeah, I can grok that. Thanks!