Changing Playbooks - Back to the Previous PB

• 2 Replies
Changing Playbooks - Back to the Previous PB
« on: October 23, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »
So I was playing a Savvyhead, who became a Battlebabe, then went back to being a Savvyhead. Is this okay to do?

Some details on what I actually did.

I felt that taking all the Savvyhead stuff all over again was kind of weird, considering I still had a bunch of it. So I chose to take the 2 Moves and get a couple of crew for my Van (worshop) that I already had. I wanted it to be organic, and not just dumb. And that stuff fit into the fiction of the game.

The reason for going back was the character had decided he had enough of the killer life. But even though he has gone back he realizes he can never go back to the person he was, but he wants to try. He gave up his security detail and Leadership when he switched back as a sign of change. Again fitting into the fiction of what was happening.

Am I breaking any ground here or is this seem legit?

Re: Changing Playbooks - Back to the Previous PB
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »
I would think that if you went back to a previous playbook it would pick off from where you left it, not reset and let you take all the experience options again.

That's how I would rule it anyway.

Re: Changing Playbooks - Back to the Previous PB
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 11:42:44 AM »
Thanks for your response! You are in agreement with everybody else, and I realized I asked 2 different questions under 2 topics, but they ended up really being 1 topic. So the other answers are here Very Advanced Character - Basic Improvement http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=546.0.